IA here

[/IMG]
I just got 3 bantam Brahma hens from mr and mrs chicken :) I attached a picture of our coop pre chickens and with the girls in it. I have some questions about winter please. Right now we have the coop in an old dog run. During the day the doors r open and they have our fenced in back yard to run around in. At night they are locked in the hen house and in the dog run. My husband would like to move the coop to our garage for the winter but if just read that they should be outside with out a heater for the winter and that they should go out side? I dont think our coop is warm enough. The dog run is already partially wrapped with a tarp to reduce wind and we could wrap it the rest and get a metal waterer with the heating stand but would that be enough? I dont really want them to freeze. Any suggestions please? Thanku

[/URL]
I just got 3 bantam Brahma hens from mr and mrs chicken
smile.png
I attached a picture of our coop pre chickens and with the girls in it. I have some questions about winter please. Right now we have the coop in an old dog run. During the day the doors r open and they have our fenced in back yard to run around in. At night they are locked in the hen house and in the dog run. My husband would like to move the coop to our garage for the winter but if just read that they should be outside with out a heater for the winter and that they should go out side? I dont think our coop is warm enough. The dog run is already partially wrapped with a tarp to reduce wind and we could wrap it the rest and get a metal waterer with the heating stand but would that be enough? I dont really want them to freeze. Any suggestions please? Thanku
IF they have high quality feed and are in full feather they will do very well anywhere. Brahmas are hardy and beautiful birds

I am planning on going to the Waverly Swap this weekend. Anyone else going???? Looking for a French Bresse hen. I have a rooster and he is getting very pretty, would really like to have a pair. If anyone is bringing them let me know.
I will be bringing 2 Lavender Ameracauna hens and 3 Marraduna Basques Roos and a grandson!!!

Back
Top Bottom