IA here

Is anyone looking for free range Heritage turkeys? They'll be ready for the holidays! Tiger Bronze Tiger and sweetgrass Tigers, sweetgrass and penciled sweetgrass
yea I'm interested in a few turkeys perhaps a breeding trio... I've got a extra splash silkie roo who is free. 7 mo. old. email me

Hi, Iowans. I am trying to locate Norman Monk, an Amish man in Iowa I bought point-of-lay chickens from
. I lost his phone number and want to order again very badly. Can anyone pm me his contact info.

I am in search of a WHITE BRESSE breeder in IA. I currently have 2 roos that I hatched from shipped eggs last summer - HUGE birds! I have a hen a bought the year before, but unfortunately she has never laid an egg! I would love to find a hen, these are beautiful birds.

Is anyone near Ames willing to go in on an order from Sand Hill Preservation? I'd like to get a couple of chicks, and since minimum shipping is 25 chicks I'd have...A few leftovers. ;) They also don't sex, and since I live in town roosters aren't allowed so I'd need to find a home for the males as soon as their sex is figured out.

Anyone interested in a trade I have white sultans, 3 hens 1roo. Will be a year old this june. Nice looking birds but more flighty than i like. I am interested in bantams only, no silkies though.

I live in Des Moines. I have indian runners and 1 Pekin. The runners are my training ducks for training my border collie stockwork. The Pekin is visiting for the winter as her entire flock was wiped out by a raccoon leaving her rather lonely. I'm checking the duck pen weekly for eggs so the ducks don't build up a lot before I realize they are laying. I'll be selling duck eggs and ducklings in the spring.
I am still looking for some old barrels or old garbage cans that could be transformed into duck nests. The ducks have a quacker box but it is rather hard to get into and a bit crowded. Yup, I built it myself out of old, free pallets and tin. Not fancy and darned hard to clean out but it works.
big_smile.png
A few stratrategically placed barrels might just make my egg collection a bit easier and make the hens happier too. What have you Iowan's tried for duck nest boxes?

Bethany
Gone Quackers with Border Collies

Is anyone near Ames willing to go in on an order from Sand Hill Preservation? I'd like to get a couple of chicks, and since minimum shipping is 25 chicks I'd have...A few leftovers. ;) They also don't sex, and since I live in town roosters aren't allowed so I'd need to find a home for the males as soon as their sex is figured out.
are you getting standards or bantams.

Back
Top Bottom