IA here

Welcome Niamh.
I am just south east of Mason City, not far from Hoover's!
I have always been happy with chicks I have ordered from Hoover's. I have 5 RIR hens from last year, that lay up a storm! I am also getting 50 broilers from them in a couple wks.
One comment....GO TO WAVERLY SWAP! It is so much fun and you can see Everything there. It will be sat evening and sunday VERY EARLY morning. It starts long before sun up...people run around with flash lights!!!! It is pretty much done by 10:30 or 11:00 am, so you will still have plenty of time to go home and work on the coup.
I raise and hatch Orpingtons - Lavender, Cuckoo, Jubilee, Chocolate, and Black. Also have Marans, Crested Cream Legbars, and Blue laced red wyandottes.....4 kitties, 2 dogs, 2 horses........never ending feed bill!!!

Welcome Niamh.
I have always been happy with chicks I have ordered from Hoover's. I have 5 RIR hens from last year, that lay up a storm! I am also getting 50 broilers from them in a couple wks.
One comment....GO TO WAVERLY SWAP! It is so much fun and you can see Everything there. It will be sat evening and sunday VERY EARLY morning. It starts long before sun up...people run around with flash lights!!!! It is pretty much done by 10:30 or 11:00 am, so you will still have plenty of time to go home and work on the coup.
I raise and hatch Orpingtons - Lavender, Cuckoo, Jubilee, Chocolate, and Black. Also have Marans, Crested Cream Legbars, and Blue laced red wyandottes.....4 kitties, 2 dogs, 2 horses........never ending feed bill!!!

Hello and thank you :)
I'm very happy with my chicks from Hoover's too! No losses, had even 1 RIR extra :) everybody is doing fine - eating and drinking, running around. 5 have a pasty butts but I already cleaned, dried it and put some olive oil on.
One has a weird thing underneath the vent, and I already asked in the emergency section of the forum for advice...

I definitely want to go to Waverly Swap. I already bugged hubby about it. I think he is maybe worried that I find to much that I want lol

I already made my chicken wish list for next year :) and the Orpingtons and Wyandottes are on it

Welcome Niamh.
Any chance your Blue laced red wyandottes are bantams?

Of course you're not.
wink.png
But I'm sure you could.

Hello all! I'm in Norwalk, just south of Des Moines and super excited to be on my new chicken adventure. I have four 4-week old hens and am enjoying the entertainment these girls are providing!

Back
Top Bottom