IA here

Hi I am in southeastern Iowa between Montrose and keokuk. This is my 3rd summer with chickens. I have 4 polish crested hens, 2 Silkies, 2 Mille de fluer, and 15 -1 week old Silkie chicks. It's a new world- the hen world

Thanks - I a retro fitted a shed when i got me first chickens but I am thinking about building a new coop. I am not sure what I need - do you mind telling me about your coop?

thanks

Thanks - I a retro fitted a shed when i got me first chickens but I am thinking about building a new coop. I am not sure what I need - do you mind telling me about your coop?

thanks
Sorry I won't be much help to you I don't raise Chickens, only quail.
BYC has a lot of info and pictures of coops on here maybe you'll find something you like. Hopefully someone else can help and are more knowledgeable about chickens.

Hello Iowa Peoples.

I am from the state just to your north. Is this the most used thread for Iowa?

I wanted to invite all you with Legbars to show some at the Minnesota State poultry show in Hutchinson. I am the Director for the central district, which includes Iowa, of the Cream Legbar club we are having a qualifying show on Oct 27-29th and need all the legbars we can get at it, show quality or not, numbers count now as we march towards APA acceptance as a breed...

If you could make it it would be appreciated. We will also have a district meeting of the Cream legbar club at the show...

Thanks much..

Also if there is another state thread Please let me know...

Hey all! I'm looking for hatching eggs to drive for rather than ship. I'm just outside the Quad Cities, so if anyone anyone can help me out, here are the breeds I'm on a quest for fertile hatching eggs.
Lavendar Ameraucana
BBS Show Ameraucana
Black Copper Maran from quality lines
Langshans
Cream Crested Legbar
Isbar
Welsummers
*no hatchery stock please.

Hey all! I'm looking for hatching eggs to drive for rather than ship. I'm just outside the Quad Cities, so if anyone anyone can help me out, here are the breeds I'm on a quest for fertile hatching eggs.
Lavendar Ameraucana
BBS Show Ameraucana
Black Copper Maran from quality lines
Langshans
Cream Crested Legbar
Isbar
Welsummers
*no hatchery stock please.
How far are you willing to drive chicken scratch pultry in Illinois has great lines of all those breeds. Eggs too.

Not sure if this thread is active much but Im in Dubuque in Eastern Iowa. About to build my flock with 15 chicks. Mostly Black Australorp. Maybe some Buff Orpingtons. Will post pics when able

Back
Top Bottom