IA here

Pics
You will just pull your vihicle up in beside the others and put your cages in from of it. Then people just walk along and look at what you have. I can usually sell extra roos for 3 or 4 a piece but it also depends on how bad I want to get rid of everything and get to looking myself. My hubby usually takes the kids walking while I stay and then I get to go after him. I am not allowed to be gone for long since it is my birds we are selling. Bossy, I should have hopfully a bunch of ducklings to take to the sale. They are either call ducks or a cross between a rouen hen and black sweedish drake. I will have a red hankerchief tied to our antena of our blue van for any of you BYCers to know where I am, hope to meet a lot of you there. Jenn

At Waverly do you have to have your birds tested? I know they have to be 3 months old to even test. When we go to the Burlington one you are suppose to check in with the vet. Well the first time I went I did. He tested all my ducks until he said if there younger then 3 months he couldn't test them. The next time I had chicks from a hatchery he didn't even ask to see papers. One time we didn't even check in we just parked and sold them.

I want to come to Waverly so bad. I'm thinking of ways to change the inlaws plans. I think I have dh convinced to try the Kankakee swap in June.

Jenn well I should have a call duckling hatch thursday then. The rest will be later. The first eggs were in my sons tiny incubator and they did get too hot. Jenn my daughter wanted button quail once. I had seen them at Burlington however when we could get some we didn't find any.

We do sell our eggs for 2.50 dozen. I should charge more. It is not quite covering their food. Not all of them are laying yet.

Lol it wasn't too hard to get to that many. When we moved last May our new place has a huge old hog building. They live in half of it right now. I plan on selling at least 30 of the chicks I bought. So far they all look like hens.
Chanin

You are suppose to have all of your birds tested but I have never been asked for any papers or sent to have someone check them. There is a pollerium tester and a vet on hand I guess, never asked for them so I dont know for sure. There is such a line up when you get there in the morning to park that they just take the money and send you in to park. I will have most of the 28 baby buttns that I just finished hatching at Waverly. There are 4 or 5 that I will probably keep and take the rest. They will be mostly feathered by then. I am not sure what I will take for hatching eggs. My buttons are all different colors, blues, whites, cinimons, and crosses of all. Check in the hatching egg section for my post on the buttons that just hatched. Jenn

Chanin,

Thanks for the post! I was online on Friday night, saw your post, and told the family it was going to be an early Saturday morning! I packed up the hubby, 12 year old son, and set of B/G 3 year old twins and took the 2 1/2 hour trip South. Due to the cold, they were short quite a few animals, but I still managed to come home with some Yellow Golden pheasants, pigeons, and a couple of pastel parakeets. Not much, but it was a nice road trip, and we had a good time. They did have a few call ducks (The first time I had seen them). I may break down and buy some at Waverly. Waverly is a little closer to home for me.

Jenn, blue van with red tie on the antenna. What do you all think about putting a red something on the antenna to identify each other. I would really like to meet some of you. (My husband teases me all the time over my "imaginary chicken friends!)
smile.png

I plan on coming. This will be my first time, I'm so excited and nervous. I have BO chicks and BO/cochin chicks to sell. Do I bring boxes or something to put the chicks in for the customer? How much does it cost to park? What time does the swap open?

any info would be great

Thanks
Mary

Hey Mary,
It cost $3 per person for everyone 12 and older. If you have kids with you they usually dont charge for them since it is the kids that get you to buybut dont hold me to it...lol It starts at 6 am, in sales past people have camped over so that they were ready right at 6. THey then would go through before 6 to see what they wanted the most and head right there at 6. I dont think that will be happening this year..lol As far as bringing boxes, you can but 99% of people bring thier own. You will need those boxes for all of the good buys you will find..
wink.png
Jenn

Jenn- sorry I didn't get back to you, thanks for the prayers. Liam is ok at this point, we may have growth problems, liver, kidney or heart damage down the road but for now we are just happy that he survived without any noticable damage. He was given a total of 3 doses but they are lying and saying only 2, one was 15 min after the second, he spit some up and so because of how "low" the dosage was the nurse gave him a third, we believe they did not have that dose charted yet and that is why they can get away with it. They found out soon after that it was the wrong medication and dosage. They either gave him 100 mg, 40mg, 35mg or 20 mg each dose, they cant seem to make up their minds. We are having a nurse come to the house and check him over once a week and then going to the doctor every 2 weeks to a checkup. Pray he stays okay! If something shows up after the 2 years when the statute of limitations is up there is nothing we can do, there is also no way we on our own could afford a liver transplant. Also, the chances of finding a liver donor are slim at that age. I will be at waverly, silver kia sedona, will put a red kerchief on my antenna. I cant wait to see your button quails! I am going to wait to buy chicks at mcmurray till I go, would rather buy from someone local who hatched them is all, we will see what they have I guess! Have a great day!

I would like to go, but according to Mapquest, Waverly is 4 hours and 41 minutes away. Unless I can find a sitter, we would have 3 little boys there, with two of them jumping off the walls, lol! My youngest has several meds a day, and a nebulizer, feeding pump, etc that take electricity, so I don't know if camping out would work...
hmm.png
Though it would be fun
big_smile.png

Any decent motels close by, and food places? How big is Waverly?

Hey Ashley, I am glad that so far your boy is doing good. You will stay in our prayers that everything works out great!! I cant wait to see you at Waverly. Also if you dont mind mutt chicken just let me know when you might be going to CR. Give me 3 weeks so I can set a bunch of my eggs and they I can meet you there. I am not sure what to charge but it wont be much. I definately have some intersting lookers. Brahma Waverly is growing wonderfully. There are several hotels, a wal mart, even an applebees.. As far as you boys nebulizer I will have a converter with me to plug my heating pad in for the chicks if it is cool. You can always use that for what you need. THis year will be one of those iffy years with the weather the way it has been. There wont be so many ducklings or gosslings as years past. I will have ducklings since I have my ducks in a heated building and that has started them laying earlier. Hope to see you there, Jenn

Back
Top Bottom