IA here

Pics
Anyone going to the Burlington Swap? We are. So far it will be warmer so hopefully there will be more things there this time.

We really want to cut down on chickens. Some really good egg customers retired from my dh work so we have more then we can sell. Plus food for them is getting expensive. The hardest decision is deciding who to part with. Now if we can get it all in the truck. lol

Wren did you go? We sold everything but one rabbit. The weather was gorgeous! I was worried we wouldn't sell our goat. There are so many goats there anymore. I saw tons of rabbits. We came home with runner ducklings, flying mallard ducklings, turkey poults and a rabbit(dd instisted on bringing something home with four feet). We plan to go in June also. I had wanted to go to Kankakee in June but gas is just too expensive to go.

Hi! Yes I was there. What a beautiful day out in Burlington Iowa! So glad that the buying and selling went well for you. I had not been there in a while and it was great. Sounds like you did very well in the baby department! I think ducks are so cute.

I hear you on the expense of traveling. I've never been to Kankakee, I'll have to look it up. I'm going to Avoca in a week.

Be patient with me on responding on this site-I am trying to get back here twice a month.

Hi there! I'm new to the site and live in Des Moines! I have 4 chicks that I hatched at school and hope to keep a couple. It is legal in city limits and I have a large yard. My problem is I don't think I can keep a rooster because I have "cranky" neighbors. If anyone has any ideas - give me a holler.

In unincorporated areas i.e. saydel schools areas for one you can have 6 including roosters. In des moines itself you can have a rooster till someone complains - noise ordinance.

I'm over here by Lovilia Iowa. I'm glad to see there's other Iowans around BYC. I went to the Avoca show, and tried to buy some chickens, but the guy selling them never came around. I've got some kinda ugly Red Stars, in their 2nd year of laying. Anybody want them? I get about 6 eggs a day, from 9 birds. I think one is hiding eggs somewhere.

Did anyone see the listing for baby chicks that need to be rescued because of the tornado in Parkersburg? I don't know if my dh would let me drive that far. Apparently the lady is giving them away free if you pick them up. It sound like they are dying fast though. Poor things. The listing is in the buy, sell or trade if anyone is interested.

I sent a message to her but she hasnt sent me any info. I really dont need more but like you dont want to see them all die either. Jenn

Jenn I emailed you. If you can pick a bunch up I can take a lot off your hands. I think there are also a couple of people between you and me maybe they would be intested too.

Chanin

Back
Top Bottom