IA here

Pics
I do not have time to go pick up the birds, but anyone that is willing to pick them up, I am willing to pay for the fuel and a little extra. I can take whatever no one wants.

I have a pretty big nursery to put them in.

P.S. Jenn the muscovy is doing great!! Thanks, Tamie

Great to hear that Tammie!! My cayuga hen is great too!! I will see what I can do. I dont have a problem going to get them, just need some info. Jenn

sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
I just talked to the lady in Parkersburg and unfortunately all of the chicks have died. They got over 5 inches of rain yesterday into this morning and the chicks had no shelter.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
Jenn

That's too sad. I saw the post and was going to try and get up there ASAP but I guess now I won't be able to. Poor things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering what everybody's bringing to the Burlington swap? I'm looking for some breeding pairs/trios and also chicks. I want Polish, Silkies, and some rare breeds. My little Cochin Bantam rooster also needs a hen. I already have BB Game Bantam pairs but I could probably put a few more hens in with the roosters without too much trouble. I also have some Buff Orp., a EE, a unknown mutt, and a Red Phoenix.

Hello,
New Iowa member here.
I'm North of Ogden (30 minutes west of Ames)

We moved back to Iowa a year ago with about a dozen white leghorns. The winter and an unidentified predator took all but 4 of them so we ordered chicks from Hoovers. We have 25 California Whites, 5 Ameracuanas and will be getting 20 Gold Stars. This will be the first time we have any of these breeds.

I also just got 15 Welsh Harlequin ducklings from Holderread's as well as a bonus Saxony duckling that my 3 year old claimed as his duck.

I look forward to meeting you all!
Katy

Welcome Katy. I plan to be at the Burlington Swap Meet. I will be bringing three standard mixed chicks, black cochin chicks and bantam chicks. We were going to bring six laying hens but decided with gas prices the truck would be too expensive. So I will be there in a blue dodge grand caravan with scott county plates. I'll try to put a bigger BYC sign up. I'm would love to find a cuckoo maran or welsummer rooster. However Burlington usually doesn't have those. I did see some geese I just loved but I do not know what breed they were. I did see the same coloring of goose at Niabi Zoo last week. I should call and ask what kind it is. lol

Chanin

Quote:
Oh, I will be looking for ya. I only have 1 black cochin and kinda want some more. Depending on what type the bantam chicks are I might get some of them. I'm also gonna be looking for a few laying hens (so we can eat our own eggs now) and any rarer breeds I can find (so I can raise them (I've always been a huge rare breed fan) and maybe sale hatching eggs from them later on.) And if you bring any rabbits my mother wants to bring a rabbit home this time so watch out. LOL I used to show and raise Mini Lops, Mini Rex, and a few Jersey Woolies. Well, I better get out of my pjs and get moving so we can get there. LOL

Back
Top Bottom