IA here

Quote:
You are correct that there is no admission charge. If you really want to see the birds get there by noon on Saturday. On Sunday birds will be released before 11 AM. Show hall closes at 6PM on Saturday. Best sale birds usually sell early on Saturday. We have to have our birds in cages by 8:30 AM and judging starts at 9AM.

Craig

Last edited:
Though its been years since I got Partridge Rocks as I liked their coloring on the catalog, I've found catalog pictures that are just artistic drawings are not great representations of the animal. I imagine many of you are thinking, duh but then I was just beginning. Now I know to have real pictures of a few angles. A couple of months ago I had a dozen of more breeds but I did a severe culling and have just a handful now for less work as I expanded my egg operation to just one breed "RIR's". I free range in a large fenced in area around a shelter with sections.
Now besides the massive flock of RIR's, I have Buff Orpingtons, Black Jersey Giants, Partridge Rocks, Columbian Rocks, Black Australorps and Buff Brahma banties.

Exit 249 on interstate 80. It is located at the first exit east of Iowa City or 1st exit west of West Branch on Interstate 80. Located 1/4 mile east of the exit on local road or Herbert Hoover highway on the south side of the road..

Last edited:
Lincoln was a nice show as usual. Sold 12 chicks and starts, 2 pullets and a cockerel. All birds placed well. The Birchen Modern cockerel got an RV this time, his 2 girls got less than good scores.
hmm.png
The rest of the birds got BB's and RB's.
They give out ribbons to all placers and a green participation ribbon for the less than 3's?. I think thats such a good idea. A ribbon looks so much nicer than a coop card from a show. The extra money to buy ribbons is well worth it. I feel kids can grasp their efforts better getting a ribbon. All show planners should take note!

one of the birchen girls looking at and protesting her placing!

15765_what_the_.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, Eric! Sounds like your birds did pretty well. Did the boys show any of these?

I'm taking 14 birds to show at EIPA. I'd love to go to the Lincoln show one of these days!

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom