IA here

Welcome back to the ice age.
roll.png

Has anyone seen a large black Ameraucana rooster? I have lost one. No body, no blood or feathers, no tracks, just gone. He's way bigger than the hawks I've seen so I doubt one of them got him.
hu.gif

Has anyone seen a large black Ameraucana rooster? I have lost one. No body, no blood or feathers, no tracks, just gone. He's way bigger than the hawks I've seen so I doubt one of them got him.
hu.gif

I've seen one, but not yours. He is in my breeding pen with 2 Blue Ameraucanas, 2 Splash Ameraucanas, an Olive Egger, and an EE. Sorry

Yep Ice Age is back, zero degrees here this am.

My peeps are still laying well however. Although I think I have an egg bound hen...
sad.png

Last I heard west Iowa is expecting ZERO snow & East up to a foot, good luck with that...........
hu.gif

Have heard 4-8" for up here but who knows. Kinda like the caucus results. LOL Ya just don't know till its over.
Woke this am to -1 it warmed up to 3 then was back to -7 at 3:30. My heater also blew a fuse last night. Lost my last Vorwerk chick, and he was in a brooder with a heat lamp! All else were okay, but I left the shutters closed on the windows to cut down on the drafts. One Modern had to come inside to the clinic. He was getting such a bad cold. Still eating drinking and eliminating but sneeze and runny nose. I put him on some anti-biotics and he drank them down fast. His companion did not like being placed in with the other moderns. She has been before but this time she was really bossy and just not nice!

Very light snow here all night long. So light if you use a snowblower it falls right back where it was. Be great ski snow, something I used to love doing but, have to come to terms with the fact I'd probably break a hip now!
Schools are starting 2 hours late, x that, now cancelling. 1F, -14w/c, 3" of snow. have changed forecast here to 2-4" light winds from the east.

I have an Iowa Blue rooster that really loves the snow. He likes to climb the drifts and crow from the top like King of the Mountain. This morning he went outside as soon as I opened the coop (still dark) and perched on the hitching rail. He just sat and watched the snow come down. With the east wiind it was blowing straight into his face. Strange boy!

Back
Top Bottom