IA here

I have to vent and it is not about any person who has ever posted on this thread. A person from out of state contacted me looking for eggs. I stated I don't sell eggs only Adults and sometime started birds when I have them. I gave them the contact information for Dick Horstman who does sell Columbian eggs. They didn't do that. They asked about birds. I asked if they were ever going to show. Their reply " Not looking to show,but i want birds that looks nice. Looking for columbian cochins." I send 4 pictures . They were too dark. Sent 4 more pictures. Too light. Contacted them again to ask what is it you are really looking for and now they are looking to show. Just @#$!**** tell me what you really want and I will try to help. Don't tell me you want good pet birds at pet bird price when you are looking for my best. I am still going to try to help but it sure would be easier and I wouldn't have wasted hours if this person had been upfront about what they really wanted. Sorry if I wasted your time.
Craig

Where are you located in Eastern Iowa? I'd be interested in some Icelandics.
I live 30 miles west of Cedar Rapids just south of Highway 30 by Luzerne. Send me a PM if you want to come or meet somewhere. My weekend is open at this point
big_smile.png

I have to vent and it is not about any person who has ever posted on this thread. A person from out of state contacted me looking for eggs. I stated I don't sell eggs only Adults and sometime started birds when I have them. I gave them the contact information for Dick Horstman who does sell Columbian eggs. They didn't do that. They asked about birds. I asked if they were ever going to show. Their reply " Not looking to show,but i want birds that looks nice. Looking for columbian cochins." I send 4 pictures . They were too dark. Sent 4 more pictures. Too light. Contacted them again to ask what is it you are really looking for and now they are looking to show. Just @#$!**** tell me what you really want and I will try to help. Don't tell me you want good pet birds at pet bird price when you are looking for my best. I am still going to try to help but it sure would be easier and I wouldn't have wasted hours if this person had been upfront about what they really wanted. Sorry if I wasted your time.
Craig
I don't think it's wrong at all to share the name of people who are trying to get under your skin! It may cause them to sit back and think of a way to properly ask what they want and why they want them. I am going through a similar thing myself right now so I know how you feel and I have no compunction about not telling the truth, or to tell someone they are wasting my time. And perhaps where to go! LOL
So I fully empathize with you.

Caught my pigeon killer I hope mother coon looks like she had 6 kits sucking on her , She fell for the eggs in a bucket guarded by a conibear.
Oh, good. That's sad, but necessary. Our last marauder was a female too, but had her babies yet. I console myself by knowing I'm not endangering the species in any way and this particular individual just made a bad decision coming into my barn and ransacking the place.

Chick pics - Here is a collection from my Easter hatch - Icelandics, Iowa Blues, IaB/AMs and the Gold Laced Cochins I didn't sell Jim. This is such a colorful group - so fun to watch!
The big boy is my babysitter - EE rooster that's blind in one eye. DH kicked him out of the garden so he's supervising this group. They just love him!

My one and only Bantam - a lavender EE rooster. The chicks are getting bigger than him now. He's pretty nice to them but he spends his days outside and comes back to the pen at night to roost with his Langshan mix girlfriend.

They don't all fit in the sun spots any more, so I'd say they are ready to free range.

One of the lovely GLC's I got from Dick Horstman - though I ended up with a silver, a split (shown below) and 6 golds. I think if I had actually ordered these I'd have frustrated to see the silver. Jim did all yours turn out gold?

I discovered this morning that I must not have actually latched the door to my shop when I closed it last night.I figure when we got our rain came the wind blew it open. I found coon tracks in my shop. I had a EVERY one of my Black, Partridge,Silver Penciled chicks were killed last night. All of my birds under 5 weeks old are dead. At least 35 dead. I do have older Columbians and Buff Columbians in another place.

That coon will find out tonight that a mad old man with a good rifle is a deadly combo to mess with.

Now I have to hope the Blacks will lay again. The rest are laying well . I still have 60-70 older Columbians and 9 older Buff Columbians. Now I have to hatch much later into the summer than I hoped to.
Craig

Thats horrible Craig. I would be enraged too and most likely want to catch the thing with my bare hands ( yes, I know that is unwise), and stomp on it's head!
Has it been opening the door by manipulating the latch?

Back
Top Bottom