IA (incubators anonymous) September Hatches?

Pics
I was thinking of making a hatcher, that's why I asked. I saw a post on here where someone asked if they could make an incubator out of a food dehydrator. I have one that I don't use and was considering converting it.
It was actually really easy to put together and cost me about $10 and so far it’s pretty stable after I Ran it a few days. But the real test will be to see how it actually hatches

I made one 7 years ago. But it was small, so I bought an incubator that held 42.

I just realized that one of my 2 EE eggs is cracked. The membrane seems to be intact, so I spread some "New Skin" on it. Hopefully it will make it. Why couldn't it have been one of the Blue Star eggs? I have 7 of those!
Murphy's Law, lol.

That stinks about your EE egg! Keep a super close eye for any oozing. :sick One more little blue fluff ball this morning, I think they're done hatching now.

Attachments

• IMG_20180921_073701054.jpg
    IMG_20180921_073701054.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 3
Man, I'm going to have to sell some chicks. They hatched way better than what I was expecting! The friend I hatched the 55 Flowerys for decided they didn't want them...Who does that? :smackI would say that's the last time I'll hatch for someone else, but........ we all know that would be a lie. :gig

Aw, Kiki, sorry that happened! Charge a $25 deposit and when they pick up their chicks, they get their deposit back. lol The good news is that you may be able to sell them pretty quickly to someone that can accommodate chicks. I have several 55's that are from 1 - 3 1/2 months.
Did your 55's hatch on day 18? Both of the people I got my chicks & eggs from told me that they always hatch on day 18. I thought the same thing y'all might be thinking... it's just a little warm in the incubator. I set my eggs... and just like I was told, they all hatched on day 18, while the other eggs hatched on days 20 & 21.

That's really interesting! These all hatched on Day 20 & 21 I think, this staggered hatching is a smidge overwhelming. I don't recommend it! The eggs were huge though, I'm pretty sure when I weighed them they were all solid XL eggs. They were almost too large for the egg turner in the Hovabator! Well, the really good news is the 55 Flowerys were eggs direct from GFF. They won them in an E-Bay auction. So I really shouldn't have any issues selling the chicks. They're awesome to incubate, I LOVE LOVE LOVE candling the white eggs.
Aw, Kiki, sorry that happened! Charge a $25 deposit and when they pick up their chicks, they get their deposit back. lol The good news is that you may be able to sell them pretty quickly to someone that can accommodate chicks. I have several 55's that are from 1 - 3 1/2 months.
Did your 55's hatch on day 18? Both of the people I got my chicks & eggs from told me that they always hatch on day 18. I thought the same thing y'all might be thinking... it's just a little warm in the incubator. I set my eggs... and just like I was told, they all hatched on day 18, while the other eggs hatched on days 20 & 21.

Back
Top Bottom