IA (incubators anonymous) September Hatches?

Oh thank! I loved him but the last dew months he went from being your average moody roo to being a full on d-bag attacking me every chance he got so I tried some tough love and eventually decided to just put him down. I have two hatches from him. Oddly, the pullets are always the sweetest. The roos, as young as 2 weeks, starting being aggressive. So they'll go as well. I thought I waited long enough before adding him to my program to evaluate. Guess not lol

Heres my candling for today:
20180825_095309.jpg 20180825_095344.jpg

I'm kind of nervous about this one, I've got a staggered hatch going this time. I bought eggs from a few different places and one needed to ship early, told her that was fine. I have 2 incubators, so no big deal. They came Saturday & she shipped a BUNCH of extras. Which was really sweet but they flowed over into Incubator #2. I'm sure by LD it will be fine, but these will need to be turned while the other need to rest in the tray. Side note: If anyone needs some Ameraucana chicks in about 3 weeks just let me know! ;) I'll hopefully have Large Fowl & Bantam. Even if only half hatch I'll still have 22. :th

Attachments

• IMG_20180825_095814512_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180825_095814512_HDR.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 8
Nice! I wish I was closer, I would take you up on the Ameraucana chicks @KikiLeigh02! How many eggs do you have in the 2 bators?
I received my new hygrometer/thermometer on Saturday. It seems to be more accurate than the one I was using as a backup. And my eggs arrived a day earlier than the first batch, so I am hoping for at least the 50% hatch rate this time!

Last edited:
I have two dozen game fowl eggs incubating, but I took them to a guy with a nice GQF setup. I didn't get my incubator completed in time. He doesn't have a special procedure for shipped eggs, so they went in with the rest to be turned right away. I hope I end up with some chicks and its not a total loss! Some of the eggs seemed to be developing already, so I took them up same day.

Back
Top Bottom