IA (incubators anonymous) September Hatches?

I ordered hatching eggs from My Pet Chicken. There are plenty of breeders to order from. Or you can search online for local breeders, farm supply stores, and/or farmer's markets/swaps. This is the incubator I have:
20180824_194007.jpg

I ordered it from Amazon. It has an automatic turner and holds 41 eggs. It isn't the cheapest, but it is better than a lot of the cheaper ones available now. If you are planning on breeding seriously, I would recommend buying one of the higher end brands. There are several threads that discuss/review different brands.
Have you checked on this site for others in your state? They should be able to offer suggestions regarding where to get eggs!

Shipped eggs usually have a poor hatch rate. I got a 10% hatch rate also with my shipped eggs. When I first bought my shipped eggs even though my hatch rate was poor I raised the chicks and now they are a breeding flock and I hatch eggs from them and my hatch rates are usually about 80% to 90%.

Good question! Mine shipped from North Carolina to Florida. I have read on this site that some prefer to order eggs from no farther than one state away.

image.jpeg
I have four ducklings in my homemade incubator due 8/9 sept. All developing well so far.

Heres an early candle photo

Oh I have never used shipped eggs and probably wouldnt unless it was something I really wanted which was impossible to source locally, due to the low hatch rates i read about.

Back
Top Bottom