IA (incubators anonymous) September Hatches?

Pics
OH heck yeah!! White eggs ROCK when it comes to candling! hahhaa I know what you mean about them being almost too large for the cups on the turners, and I agree with ya that they're great eggs to incubate & hatch.
I have some Cochins that I've been slowly working on for a couple of years and they lay a bit bigger eggs than the average Cochin egg. I can't put them on the outside egg turner racks or they'll tumble when it's at max angle, too. Next year, I'm going to re-make the IceCreamBar chickens that I'd done a couple of years back. Those were the hatching-est eggs I've ever seen! It seemed like the chicks would pip, unzip & practically leap out of the eggs clean as whistles in less than 15 - 20 minutes - literally! Peeping their little heads off till they got some GroGel to wet their whistles, then they'd sleep. I hope the next ones are just like them. HA!!

Last edited:
The two are still wiggling in and off. All 7 kids are here this weekend (I have 4 bonus kids) so they’ll be on 24 hour watch since they’re teens and don’t follow bedtime rules :rolleyes: if this small hatch goes along the well established time line of eggs from these two hens it is possible they’ll internally pip tomorrow. Different roo though so who knows :th

All I know is it’s day 18 and they’ve been rocking and rolling for two days now. :eek:

Good luck! :fl I am totally in love with the coloring on this chick, it's the same barnyard mix I posted last week. Quail eggs are shipping Tuesday!!! :ya I'm so nervous about having another disaster.

Attachments

• IMG_20180921_194536311.jpg
    IMG_20180921_194536311.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 2
2 days before scheduled hatch, Red Pyle Old English Game Bantam is starting to pip and already forming its zipper breach. poor thing will have to wait a long time to get out because I am not shrink wrapping the Ayam Cemanis that I plan to have hatch in the next 2 days

2 days before scheduled hatch, Red Pyle Old English Game Bantam is starting to pip and already forming its zipper breach. poor thing will have to wait a long time to get out because I am not shrink wrapping the Ayam Cemanis that I plan to have hatch in the next 2 days
2 seconds of opening the incubator up and putting him into a brooder is not gonna cause any problem@! Some people just worry too much.......

Only at day 3 on my third set, so nothing new to update with them. So I thought I would share how my little Swedish Flower, Jolene, is feathering in:
20180922_205223.jpg

Unfortunately, this pic doesn't do her justice. Beautiful fall orange, white, and brown combination!

Hey Jules, She's a doll! I love the mille fleur pattern/colors!! I have several SFH chicks that could be hatch mates, except I'd think they're a couple/few weeks older. She's going to be a gorgeous hen!
Thank you! She is 5 weeks old. I bought her as a chick from MPC.
I have been lazy about taking pics. Been working outside. I have set most of the fence posts. Should be able to get some of the fence panels in place tomorrow, I hope. And at least get the coop site prepped. I took off Monday to give me time to get some work done. So hopefully, Monday I can get some of the coop walls constructed, too. (The coop will be an 8'x10' building with attached runs on the north and south ends.)

:love Love her!!! I think I'm going to call the bantam in my avatar Saucy.:gigShe's so fiesty. Hope you make lots of progess on your coop/run!
Only at day 3 on my third set, so nothing new to update with them. So I thought I would share how my little Swedish Flower, Jolene, is feathering in:
View attachment 1541419

Unfortunately, this pic doesn't do her justice. Beautiful fall orange, white, and brown combination!

Back
Top Bottom