IB BS or Bronze BS....Any guesses?

My IB-BS looked very different at 13 weeks, so based on that, I would say he's not IB-BS.

-Kathy

What has me convinced is the gray coloring, no IB BS I've ever raised has had this gray color.
He came from @snowshoe
 so I am hoping he will add his 2 cents on what I've got???

Can you get some close ups of the gray color? I'm just curious. :D

-Kathy

Can you get some close ups of the gray color? I'm just curious.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

I don't know if these are close enough for you? I do know that on every IBBS male I've had these dark feathers were showing some green color by now, but these are a dull almost ash or charcoal gray color. Same for the dark markings on the wings and tail, no black just gray.

Last edited:
I just looked at mine and he has *tons* of green and I see none in your guy. Here's a visual for you, picture me holding the iPad up next to my boy and comparing, lol!

-Kathy

I just looked at mine and he has *tons* of green and I see none in your guy. Here's a visual for you, picture me holding the iPad up next to my boy and comparing, lol!

-Kathy
My first Peas were BS, so I've raised tons of BS chicks in 20 years and this one is just different. That's why I'm so convinced it's a Bronze BS. There is No green on him.
Laughing at that visual and feeling like a big dummy because the other BS in that pen is an IBBS and I've thought it a male until today. While comparing it's color with the Bronze BS in these pictures I realized the pattern is a hen's Pattern. Guess I'm changing "Little Charlie's" name.

Wish I could help you determine if it is Bronze BS or IB BS split to bronze, but I have one I kept and am not sure either it is about a month younger than yours, Blue Creek Farms was interested in a Bronze BS chick he wanted me to send him some pictures of the chicks I had as he said he knew some one that could tell at an early age to what they were I never did as we were about 4 hour trip from each other and I saw on some of his posts on here that he found a Bronze BS, and it seemed everyone was looking for BS chicks when they came this year.

My first Peas were BS, so I've raised tons of BS chicks in 20 years and this one is just different. That's why I'm so convinced it's a Bronze BS. There is No green on him.
Laughing at that visual and feeling like a big dummy because the other BS in that pen is an IBBS and I've thought it a male until today. While comparing it's color with the Bronze BS in these pictures I realized the pattern is a hen's Pattern. Guess I'm changing "Little Charlie's" name.

What is a 'hens pattern'?

As new2 has so aptly shown, they can get some green high on the neck, usually on a male it will extend down onto the back but on the hens it stays up high.

That helps a lot, I have been watching my BS chicks closely and it seems that almost all of them are getting green on the back and neck. I was hoping for hens... Guess I have some males for sale. I am still a bit confused about the lacing, I have seen a very striking hen with the 'diamond' like pattern on her back, she was beautiful. But you are saying that males backs get a laced feather look at a young age and females don't? I may have misunderstood you. Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread about Bronze.

Back
Top Bottom