IB BS or Bronze BS....Any guesses?

Does anyone have any Bronze BS chick pictures to compare it to? I put my IBBS peacock with an IB hen white eye and hatched out a BS chick. My hen has to be carrying the BS gene for this to happen. Do you know if any of your others are split to BS? Wish I had a bronze bs chick picture to compare it with, but again eventually you will find out
wink.png

As I have learned when it comes to hidden splits Anything is possible! However, if one of the Bronze barred wing hens is carrying BS, the chick would have to be Bronze since the Male is Bronze, correct? If it is an IB BS chick the mother would have to be the IB BS split Bronze hen, right?
caf.gif

I just want to tell you the one hen is bronze WE split to pied not bronze pied split to WE, I kept one of the BS chicks from the pen mine is only 5 weeks old but it seems lot darker than yours will try to post picture when I move it out of brooder might be just lights in brooding area that make me think it is a lot darker.

I just want to tell you the one hen is bronze WE split to pied not bronze pied split to WE, I kept one of the BS chicks from the pen mine is only 5 weeks old but it seems lot darker than yours will try to post picture when I move it out of brooder might be just lights in brooding area that make me think it is a lot darker.

Thank you, I was close. Hard to keep everything straight, when you have this many I wrote it down from your PM, but I wrote it down backwards.
old.gif
I would love to see a pic, are Bronze BS hen chicks darker as well?

Last edited:
I try and wing band everything I keep and try to have an accurate record as to what it is, that is why I left you know what the one bronze hen was, I know I found out my purple dark pied male is split to black shoulder this year, from the chicks that hatched from that pen, I knew my one purple hen was split to BS. I will get some pictures of my BS chick from the bronze pen when I move it from brooder in garage. I kept it to go with the spalding chicks I hatched from your eggs being they are out of a bronze BS hen.

I try and wing band everything I keep and try to have an accurate record as to what it is, that is why I left you know what the one bronze hen was, I know I found out my purple dark pied male is split to black shoulder this year, from the chicks that hatched from that pen, I knew my one purple hen was split to BS. I will get some pictures of my BS chick from the bronze pen when I move it from brooder in garage. I kept it to go with the spalding chicks I hatched from your eggs being they are out of a bronze BS hen.

So does that mean my 2 purple hens, from your eggs last year could be carrying BS genes? That could be interesting! I also kept a male spalding from this year's hatch, since he is split Bronze & BS, I thought he would go well with the bronze from you, I am thinking at this point that 3 of those 4 are hens! I get really lucky with your eggs as they seem to be mostly hens, where mine are mostly males.
clap.gif

Yes they are out of my dark pied purple male that has to be split BS from the chicks that hatched this year, but the hen that I know is split BS was in with a Purple BS male that my nephew had that he got from me last year so they are not out of her some thing killed his male early spring this year is how I got the hen back.

Resurrecting this one to see if anyone changes their mind. This chick is 13 weeks now and I'm convinced it is a Bronze BS male, I think I have sort of persuaded Q8 that it is as well. Anybody else have an opinion?

Wish I could help you but sadly I am just too much of a novice. But the joy of keeping peas! It is so cool to watch the beautiful juvenile feathers as they morph into adult plumage. I kind of hate to see some of those beautiful laced feathers fade away but knowing that they will be replaced with even more astounding beauty is just awesome.

My IB-BS looked very different at 13 weeks, so based on that, I would say he's not IB-BS.

-Kathy

What has me convinced is the gray coloring, no IB BS I've ever raised has had this gray color.
He came from @snowshoe so I am hoping he will add his 2 cents on what I've got???

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom