Ice storm crushed guinea run

Cattle panels with t posts should support your netting? Here's the one I got the idea from. He said there's a danger re snow load, but he's using it as a greenhouse so the plastic would block snow from falling through.
https://homegrownorg.ning.com/profiles/blogs/cattle-panel-barns-greenhouses-and-snow-loads
I got impatient waiting for Himself so ended up getting an arched tunnel made of hollow tubing. It also has netting on it, but I use it for vertical gardening. It's still standing. 🤷‍♀️
Oh yeah, that link has a great discussion about stability and weight bearing in snow! Have you seen pics of our cattle panel guinea coop? I like them a lot! For the guinea run, I’m thinking snake resistant and no more nylon netting. I’m still thinking about it, but am leaning towards sinking 4x4 posts then using hardware cloth or 1/2x1 welded wire, with hardware cloth over the top. The hard part will be the supports for the top and dealing with the hilly terrain. That will make it painstaking as I’ll need to go panel by panel with the wire to accommodate the slope.

Attachments

• 57D36F57-A740-4739-9A95-F7DC0ADCB240.jpeg
    57D36F57-A740-4739-9A95-F7DC0ADCB240.jpeg
    941.7 KB · Views: 3
  • D4E60A40-8F44-4ADB-83C3-225CDBB7E8FF.jpeg
    D4E60A40-8F44-4ADB-83C3-225CDBB7E8FF.jpeg
    877.3 KB · Views: 4
Oh yeah, that link has a great discussion about stability and weight bearing in snow! Have you seen pics of our cattle panel guinea coop? I like them a lot! For the guinea run, I’m thinking snake resistant and no more nylon netting. I’m still thinking about it, but am leaning towards sinking 4x4 posts then using hardware cloth or 1/2x1 welded wire, with hardware cloth over the top. The hard part will be the supports for the top and dealing with the hilly terrain. That will make it painstaking as I’ll need to go panel by panel with the wire to accommodate the slope.
I was thinking you did have that. I've seen a lot of in the cheap uses for it, it's awesome. Snake resistant...hmm..snakes don't dig, so the goal would be prevent other things from tunneling under the run. Hard cloth buried vertically arount the perimeter and something smooth like plexiglass all around the bottom of the run that they can't get purchase on?

I was thinking you did have that. I've seen a lot of in the cheap uses for it, it's awesome. Snake resistant...hmm..snakes don't dig, so the goal would be prevent other things from tunneling under the run. Hard cloth buried vertically arount the perimeter and something smooth like plexiglass all around the bottom of the run that they can't get purchase on?
Yes, a hardware cloth skirt would be a good idea. Our snakes are more climbers than diggers so I think I need smaller mesh wire throughout.

Attachments

• 48455692-C7CA-4A26-A1AD-ED19EB66EC01.jpeg
    48455692-C7CA-4A26-A1AD-ED19EB66EC01.jpeg
    619.7 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom