Ice Tea - Sweet or Unsweet?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by PurpleChicken, Aug 4, 2010.

1. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    It's come to my attention that many people here enjoy the horrible taste of iced tea loaded with sugar. Being a tea freak this is sacrilege to me but I'm trying not to judge my friends here too harshly, especially the ones who live down south. It's not your fault. You were born that way. Really it's ok.

So, do you prefer your tea sweet or unsweet?

Also feel free to post your favorite iced tea recipes, infusing preferences, or even brewing if you have the courage to admit you brew your tea.

2. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    UNSWEET.... all the way! Preferably some lemon but no sugar!

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Neither unless it's Snapple Peach Iced Tea. Otherwise, [​IMG]

4. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    SWEET!!!!! But I enjoy sweet and unsweet. I do brew my own. I also like hot tea!!

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Unsweetened, strong and some lime or lemon is always welcome. *Please note location

6. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Sweet, but then again I'm from Mississippi. I think it's a state law or something that all tea has to be sweet. The first time I traveled up North and ordered tea and was ask "sweet or unsweet" I thought it was a joke. [​IMG]

7. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Living in Georgia I learned that "tea" meant cold sweet tea. Tea in New England is a bag of not so hot water and a lousy cheap tea bag, unless of course you infuse your own.

8. In His Service

In His Service Wise Men Still Seek Him

Apr 25, 2010
    Catskills
    I only drink un-sweetened tea, much to the chagrin of the rest of my family. I am originally from the south (my Momma was from Mississippi and Daddy was from Georgia.) I like almost any type of tea, except instant [​IMG]

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Double ick. [​IMG]

10. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Well I am from the South so it has to be iced cold Sweet tea in a Mason jar sitting outside watching all my chickens. Of course, with the temp being 104 and heat index of 116 I am drinking alot of it [​IMG] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do occasionally indulge in hot tea with honey in the wintertime [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by