Icelandic Chickens

Soooo.........I was looking through pictures to find buff chicks for Dar when I found this pic of Kella and thought I'd post it.
Young Kella....the first week of May...about six week old

44049_051111_kella_balance_beam.jpg

Quote:

I think setting by the moon phases, which this is, makes alot of sense. It's worked for centuries in many cultures. Just one problem.........St. Patty's Day isn't on there..........
sad.png

So, are ya gonna go with St. Patty or a different date?

Quote:

I think setting by the moon phases, which this is, makes alot of sense. It's worked for centuries in many cultures. Just one problem.........St. Patty's Day isn't on there..........
sad.png

Those folks centuries ago weren't shipping chicks USPS either!
gig.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
sad.png

I see the 20th is on there....with the Icees....they are always early so I could set on the 20th and still be hatching with everyone else.....right?!

edited because I can't spell........
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:

I see the 20th is on there....with the Icees....they are always early so I could set on the 2oth and still be hatching will everyone else.....right?!

Right! Good idea!

Quote:
lau.gif
Read your sig line Kelly........says it all!!!
lau.gif

Mary and Daron are right......once you do the "math" , you won't end up with 25!!

Kleo was in the nest box again yesterday morning
rant.gif
.....so......I took her off and put her outside where everyone was having their morning "scratch snack" but she didn't want to eat and kept trying to get back into the barn. I chased her out and put a pail in the box she was sitting in and left to go to work. She was in a different nest box when I got home. I took her out and put her on the roost. When I went out later, she was back in the nest box again.
he.gif
I put her up on the roost in one of the sectioned off coops and closed the door. I may have to take more drastic measures to break her.......
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom