Icelandic Chickens

Hey everyone, just wanted to join the thread if it's still somewhat active, I recently hatched 8 Icelandic eggs, 1 passed 24 hours later :hit but the other 7 are doing wondefully, they are a tad over 1 week old :) I really want to buy another dozen or so from someone nearby, I live in middle eastern Va. I drove 3 hours to get 30 eggs from 2 different breeders in Northern Va, 12 from 1 breeder, 18 from another, 6 of the 12 hatched and only 2 of the 18! The breeder that sold me the 18 had told me she would replace them if I didn't get a good hatch but she has been VERY hard to get a hold of since I picked the eggs up and I really don't think she plans to replace them. I've had a very BAD experience with her so I'm looking elsewhere :/ The other breeder was awesome and I wouldn't mind going back to her but I really want some that aren't directly related to the majority of mine. I'm thinking of waiting til spring to try to hatch more but I'm starting my "breeder search" now, lol. Are there any breeders near me that ship? Or live close enough that I could pick them up in 2 hours or less?

ETA: I'm really interested in the Lyle Behl bloodline, I have Sigrid and Hlesey lines right now.

Been a little while since I've said anything here. I've been deliberating trying to find a better home for my Icelandics for months, now. I am down to two hens, one rooster, and one cockerel. I was too ashamed to say so before.

Today I posted them for sale. I love my Icelandics so much and this has been a very hard decision for me. I want to see them go to able hands who will love them and help the breed expand. I am not a good breeder. I want to see these chickens everywhere in Utah. I hope I can find someone who understands what a treasure they are.

So yeah, just feeling quite sick and upset today. Please forgive the ramble.

Been a little while since I've said anything here. I've been deliberating trying to find a better home for my Icelandics for months, now. I am down to two hens, one rooster, and one cockerel. I was too ashamed to say so before.

Today I posted them for sale. I love my Icelandics so much and this has been a very hard decision for me. I want to see them go to able hands who will love them and help the breed expand. I am not a good breeder. I want to see these chickens everywhere in Utah. I hope I can find someone who understands what a treasure they are.

hugs.gif

Red, Sorry to hear you have to let them go but life is what it is and sometimes it is not what we'd like it to be.
hugs.gif
I hope you find a good home for them.

Back
Top Bottom