Icelandic Chickens

I had to go back and look again ... yup, those girls (the three unnamed pullets) look exactly like Iris and Eva! That is the 2 darker ones. The lighter one .... her name is just not coming to me!
tongue.png

Quote:
Hang in there Kim!! I was a nervous wreck too...........not as much as the Warden though!! She was watching updates online and called thinking I missed my delivery but I had them safe and sound. The PO listed them as attempted when they called me to tell me they arrrived but never put a delivery time update when I signed for them so it looked like I missed them! There were only two entries on my tracking after they left Sacramento and those were from the facility 40 miles away and then the "attempted delivery" when they called me (I go to the PO each day for work and talked to my postmistress Monday (and Tuesday
roll.png
) to give my cell and work numbers and ask her to call me as soon as they arrived). I work one block away so was there in a couple of minutes to get them. Soooooooo happy to hear them then see them! Yours will make it to, just a little longer to wait!!
hugs.gif

The beginning of panic.... there are no tracking updates since Sacramento yesterday morning.

Dont those people know that we refresh the tracking screen compulsively aaaaalllllll day long until we are forced to get up and feed our human children or fall asleep with our head on our keyboards?

he.gif

I even resorted to driving DD to get a Blizzard at DQ. Now I am incessantly clicking refresh while eating a CookieDough Blizzard with a serving spoon.... stress eating... evil.

I have faith that I will wake in the morning to a phone call from my PO saying 'bird box....AGAIN'...
gig.gif

So cross your fingers and pray for our little fella's.

We did our names differently. We decided 'what' they looked like and then named them for that word in Icelandic.

Our little white cockerel looks like a glacier so his name is going to be Jokul...which the kids have Americanized to Joe Cool. Lol

Still waiting to see what the other one looks like so we can pick a name for him
smile.png

Quote:
Yes, mainly because no one else has to approve of it!!! The first thing on my favorites bar is "Icelandic first names", I've been going over them and making a list of ones I like. I'm thinking I'm going with the old method of naming them all "A" names since this is my first time with them. Next years will be all "B" names and so on. Of course, there is the problem of not knowing if I pronouncing them properly..........
lol.png

Quote:
I am also thinking about re-naming Rico Suave with an Icelandic name. I am leaning towards Uggi and then requiring whomever gets him to keep the name!!!!!

34566_uggi.jpg

Ask Sigrid who the Icelandic version of Rico Suave is and name him that!

I like Iris, Una, Eva, and Lara.

I don't think I'd use Brynhilder, it just makes me think of Broom Hilda!
gig.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom