Icelandic Chickens

Oh yeah, I think Little Sis is a female. I love that orange color, too!

The boys were not very happy that they didn't get to come out today.
Girls only. No boys allowed.
lol.png

31282_7-13-11mis026.jpg

31282_7-13-11mis027.jpg

31282_7-13-11mis130comb.jpg

I wanna see how this chick turns out. Looks like some silver or white coming in. Wouldn't that look cool on the dark!

31282_7-13-11misc150a.jpg

Kathy, your roos are breathtakingly beautiful!

I'm thinking I'll be culling Vindur... some of the little ones are much nicer looking. Vindurs comb has grown out of control and is just totally flopped over on the right side... I've never seen anything like it.... and the heat has been difficult on him.

Quote:
Thanks! They are both mainly blue and just gorgeous. I just love them! I have 4 roosters, and will not keep any more. The other two are in the rooster pen. Here is one of them today. I didn't get a picture of Romeo. I will rotate them in the breeder pen until I have more pullets to go around.

31282_7-13-11mis083.jpg

3 pages of great pics !! Thanks folks, perfect for my morning coffee !

Kathy I really like those pens that your boys are in ! They are great !

Mary the pic with the emu in the pan is one of the funniest that you have posted, the silly looking grin he has almost had me spitting coffee on the puter !
lau.gif

Time to go back a few more pages, they are coming faster then I am keeping up, keep them coming !!
yippiechickie.gif

Kathy, Looks like I won't be having mine for long.
hit.gif
I had been so hoping my one Mahonri Am was a girl.........

I love the variety in your boys! I think 4 roosters will be what I hope to have.........number of girls and noise will be the determining factors for me. I culled Ari........long story but I will be keeping two of his sons and have either 10 (or 11 if the one Anna's 5/5/11 chicks left that could be a girl actually is) pullets from him so he lives on in them. Audun and Baldur will be the other two unless something happens to make me change my mind on them. The tough decision is which of Ari's sons to keep. I was hoping Jake would be able to get a couple of them that have leg feathering but with his move, he can't. Maybe I will post their pics and you all can help me decide! I do have a favorite based on personality so he may win a spot regardless of looks, not that he is not handsome, just not flashy. He must be Anna's son though because he has her sweet, calm demeanor. Well, off to "check for chicks"!!

Mary (TOM)... when my girls start laying eggs again, let me know when you are going to fire up the bator and I'll send some more eggs!

We've got to get you some girls...

...yesterday I had to smile... went to Gilbert where a gal has been hatching my eggs non-stop for the past few months. She thought all she had hatched from me were boys. In one pen she had 4 beautiful pullets that she planned on rehoming until I saw them.
She's new to chickens....

I've been up since 4:15AM... DW just left with my 16 yr old, DS#4 (son of Mahonri on BYC).... they are headed to Phoenix Children's Hospital where he will have some pretty significant surgery, (they are expanding his chest so his heart and lungs can develop properly) He has a very severe case of "pectus excavatum". Dr. Notrica is suppose to be the best so we are praying there are no complications. We are hoping he will be home by Sunday afternoon but they warned us he could be there from 3 days to 3 weeks.

I'm hoping all my Icelandic friends can say a prayer for him. (Thanks in advance)

Back
Top Bottom