Icelandic Chickens

A Trio Of Cuteness for your enjoyment!!
jumpy.gif
Audun throws blondes!!
I took this this morning......I reached under her (what a good girl Anna is!) and one egg was unhatched, so 11 chicks out...I grabbed all the shells...I'll be checking again this afternoon to see if she's still trying to hatch it.....or if it's done...then maybe I can get a pic of everyone!!

44049_trio_of_cuteness.jpg

6 of my Aloha chicks hatched today.

...if I didn't already have silkies, I would say I am breeding the stupidest birds on earth.

SO: I just had a holy heckerdoodles chick moment.

I took the six Alohas that hatched today, and gave them to a super-broody MFC.

Then I eggtopsied the remaing 5 eggs (only 2 died at lockdown, no inner pip others were longer-term duds).

Then I started washing the Repti-pro when PEEPPEEEPPEEEP PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

One of the chicks had fallen into the back of the reptipro, down to the bottom, into the water pan.

And then there were 7.

So are the Alohas stupid, or am I? Discuss.

Okay, something to get the subject off Laree's mental capacity.........or lack thereof..............

I went and checked on the final egg and this is the pic I got...as you can see...one unhatched...candling revealed a kind of large air cell and eggtopsy revealed a full size chick that never pipped internally. 11 out of 15 eggs set and some of those were over two weeks old and 11 of 12 that went into "broody lockdown". The unhatched one was a "N" so not more that 10 days old. The second pic is of the two chicks that were under Anna when I took the first pic of the 9 chicks. I moved her so I could see what was there. That's 7 blondes and 4 brown chicks!!
wee.gif

44049_07-14-11_9_of_11_again.jpg

44049_07-14-11_youngest.jpg

A different look at most of the group:

44049_07-14-11_other_eyeliner.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom