Icelandic Chickens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by The Sheriff, Feb 19, 2010.

1. thebirdguy

thebirdguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2010
    Idaho Falls
    Quote:So sorry to hear you have another neighbor issue Mary.. [​IMG] I've started moving birds out to the "farm" just have the oldest 9 chickens, a turkey and 8 pheasants out there right now but the next group of turkeys, marans and Icelandics will be going out either tomorrow or Saturday.. Everyday when I go out to feed, I am afraid somethings has gotten to them since I was there last.. So far so good and we will start on the perimeter fence in a week or so. I am getting 6' high tensile fence from StayTuff Fence out of Texas.. They claim it can hold buffalo so I'm hoping it can hold what I plan on having.. [​IMG] I'm really counting on the fence to keep the stray/neighbor dogs etc out and for Porter (LGD) to handle any coons etc that might climb.. I hope you don't have any problems with the neighbor dogs.. That would be heartbreaking... Have you considered telling them what it would cost them to pay for your livestock should their dogs kill any of them? I've found that sometimes the only thing that gets through to some people is through their pocketbook.. Best of luck and I hope you don't have to use that new rifle..

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Mary, I am so sorry you have to put up with this.

Buuut...how long until you have attack emus?

3. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I explained to the Dad that should his dogs kill any of my chickens he would not be paying for chicks from the feed store as replacements.

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Mahonri........great news about your son!

Mary.......I hope you never have to use that gun. I will keep my fingers crossed that the owners get the hint from the citation. (or that they move soon)

5. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Tell "Son of Mahonri" that we will continue to pray for him until he fully recovers. Sleep well freind.

6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

7. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    You are finally going to have some gorgeous crests! Congrats. And wow, for catching them! [​IMG]

8. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I see a bunch of crests! Congrats Kathy! [​IMG]

9. kathyinmo

Since I missed Romeo yesterday, I got his picture today. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. kathyinmo

Quote:Quote:Let's just hope the crested ones are pullets. [​IMG] I have my 4 roosters, and they are all sweet and happy. I can't handle any more boys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by