Icelandic Chickens

Quote:
If you would post pictures, Kelly could tell you what sex they are.
lol.png

Quote:
"HE," is the key word here.
sad.png
I am not keeping any of the boys, so I won't know what he turns out to look like.

Hi all,

It's been a crazy day. I was expecting a shipment of birds yesterday and they didn't arrive. This morning I got a call from the post office saying they were in, come and get them. I drive down there and they can't find them! I drive home and get my tracking number and call it in to them to find out they were delivered to my old address! Apparently the PayPal invoice defaulted to that address instead of the one I provided when I ordered the birds. Luckily my daughter lives a few miles from the PO and she picked them up for me. My granddaughter turned 14 today and she babysat those birds all day! They brought them up to me tonight when we went out to celebrate her birthday.

Here are the newest addition to my flock. I don't have any dark egg layers right now so I bought three started pullets. I got one Welsummer and two blue copper Marans. Here they are:

34566_new_dark_layers.jpg

34566_new_dark_layers-2.jpg

Then earlier in the day I found one of my Icelandics, Barn Girl, on the roost limping badly. She had a bad case of bumble foot! Michael and I just finished doing the surgery on her and she is resting in a crate in the garage. This is the before pic. Look at how swollen her toe is! I'll post and after tomorrow. So glad I have lots of medical supplies around here. I am hopeful she will recover but that things was a mess!

34566_foot_problem-2a.jpg

I am going to bed now. I deserve it.

Mary

p.s. We got the notice from the Secretary of State today that we are officially the Buck 'N Run Ranch! And my blog earned it's first penny from advertisements! Don't know where I'll spend it!
wee.gif

Quote:
This is the same advice I gave our daughters when dating......
old.gif
....one is married to a great guy......younger one still looking!

Mahonri I got kind of the opposite, two that I think/thought were roos now I am thinking are pullets, based on their combs mainly, and tail carriage. Time will tell, I do hope that they are pullets, I have more then enough roos already.

One thing I have noticed is that every Single Comb that I have is a roo. Coincidence? I need more numbers to call a trend though.

The ones that I know are roos are the little guys that were trying to crow in the brooder, they are now for sure roos, and still doing their silly little dominance blusters like game cocks. Until Blau comes up and straightens them out. He is a pretty lenient and tolerant lord and master, but those kind of displays are HIS ! Actually the Contessa is more of a tyrant then he by far, she IS royalty !
cool.png

Boy, right on about picking spouses, it works both ways for sure ! Nice to everyone is a good heads up of a keeper.
clap.gif

Life is good and better with Icelandics
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Can i still talk here? Because i sold all my icelandic to a young man who was real happy to get them. The rosters where way to aggressive to my other chickens and they don't miss them at all. But they where interesting to have but i could only let them out when all the other chickens where put up. After breeding season is over i let everybody out together during the day so everyone has to get along.

I owe Kathy a public apology. There is an article in the local newspaper this morning reporting that grilled raccoon will be sold at the California State Fair this year. Mea Culpa. Gulp
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
California? Geeeeeeeeee, I thought road kill was only served in Missouri.
lau.gif

Wow, a response in under two minutes! The article also said another booth would be serving deep fried maggot sandwiches. Gotta love California!
frow.gif

Quote:
California? Geeeeeeeeee, I thought road kill was only served in Missouri.
lau.gif

Wow, a response in under two minutes! The article also said another booth would be serving deep fried maggot sandwiches. Gotta love California!
frow.gif

For real???????? Maggots? Oh my............ radical, for sure. California has always been rather extreme.
gig.gif

Quote:
frow.gif

For real???????? Maggots? Oh my............ radical, for sure. California has always been rather extreme.
gig.gif

If you want to fly out to Californee for a maggot sandwich Kathy, my granny flat is available and we had air conditioning installed last week.
clap.gif
Y'all come!

Back
Top Bottom