Icelandic Chickens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by The Sheriff, Feb 19, 2010.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    It's for real. Here's a quote from the article:

Marcella Gonzalez of San Angelo, Texas, can vouch for the dried maggot sandwiches at this year's fair. "It's crunchy, but it has the flavor of a burger," she said Friday after taking a bite of the fried concoction. But Gonzalez, who described herself as an adventurous eater, will not be making a habit of eating maggots. "I just bought it to try it," she said.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/07/17/3774652/midway-embraces-exotic-eatingcorn.html#ixzz1SNF1kmSR

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:For real???????? Maggots? Oh my............ radical, for sure. California has always been rather extreme. [​IMG]

If you want to fly out to Californee for a maggot sandwich Kathy, my granny flat is available and we had air conditioning installed last week. [​IMG] Y'all come!

Long as ya have the outhouse cleaned out and plenty of newspaper in it, I'd feel mighty comfy. Just might need to check on renting transportation out that way.

3. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    In other news: [​IMG]

I may be getting my girl emu after all. I got a lead (Thanks 2buckskins!) on a seller in the Bay area who thinks she has two girls the same age as Stuie and Louie. I am having them DNA tested and if one is a girl, it will become my new Mary Catherine Gallegher! She will even have it delivered to me. They operate a pet crematorium and have a delivery service that comes up my way all the time. They deliver exotic animals for her as well as picking up "clients" for the crematorium. She also raises ostriches, and rheas but we ain't going there!

Stuie and Louie desperately need female companionship. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We might just hatch a couple of emus for you after all Kelly!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2011
  4. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:I Love her Salmon colored breast...

5. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Outhouses are clean and the leftover corn cobs from the chicken yard are in there in crystal bowls and you can just borrow our truck while you are visiting. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quote:If you want to fly out to Californee for a maggot sandwich Kathy, my granny flat is available and we had air conditioning installed last week. [​IMG] Y'all come!

Long as ya have the outhouse cleaned out and plenty of newspaper in it, I'd feel mighty comfy. Just might need to check on renting transportation out that way.

6. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Kathy's probably off trying to get a Blue Book value on our truck so she can make an offer. [​IMG]

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:Of course you can still be here!

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Thanks for the entertainment!!!

WOW! Love that cabin/camper truck!

Mary, you have every thing a hillbilly could ever dream or hope for!

9. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Quote:OMG, that isn't really my truck/camper! [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Quote:OMG, that isn't really my truck/camper! [​IMG]

I'm disappointed. I thought it was kinda cool. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by