Icelandic Chickens

Mary have you shown it to Kelly?
She'll see it here when see gets a chance.

We got more rain, you living on the second floor yet?

I got a couple of pics of some of the "end of May" Icelandic chicks.

On the roost....no doubt on sexes with these three....
roll.png

Here are the two (on the left of the above photo) with their pullet sibling and momma (she is raising them, not necessarily their biological mom) Asta and papa Audun (definitely dad since no other males).......so among this group of four....we have a 50/50 split
celebrate.gif

Anna with two of her three....one of each and the third (not pictured) isn't discernible yet but thinking possible pullet!
fl.gif

She'll see it here when see gets a chance.

We got more rain, you living on the second floor yet?

I got a couple of pics of some of the "end of May" Icelandic chicks.

On the roost....no doubt on sexes with these three....
roll.png

Here are the two (on the left of the above photo) with their pullet sibling and momma (she is raising them, not necessarily their biological mom) Asta and papa Audun (definitely dad since no other males).......so among this group of four....we have a 50/50 split
celebrate.gif

Anna with two of her three....one of each and the third (not pictured) isn't discernible yet but thinking possible pullet!
fl.gif

Nice looking group there! Anna is a very pretty hen too :). Hoping I got one of those in the bunch I have here!

You know me- LOVE those white birds! Lol!!! Very pretty bunch, Mary!

Thought I might post some pics of our week before Easter cockerels. I'm thinking these guys are going to all be rehomed, but they are a handsome bunch. Anyone looking for MORE roosters??? Lol!

Rose comb duckwing. He looks just like my rooster Hann.
Here is his body shot.
This guy is a crested red and black.

I think this guy is the prettiest. He has a brown/red mottled body with a white tail. He hops everywhere- although he can also run and walk, but when he really gets going, he hops. Hilarious!

I like this guy's crest the best. Very poofy!

Ok- had to share this one. From my next to last hatch- this one is a Sigrid line bird. He was born with ice white down, which is kind of strange looking on a chick, IMO. He also hatched out really early and wouldn't open his eyes for about 24-36 hours after the hatch and was really small at first. I thought maybe he was blind, but now I think he was a chicken preemie. He is starting to develop a black crest on his ice white feathers. Every time I see his little black Mohawk, it makes me laugh!

More chicks hatched this week.....from eggs from Lyle Behl that Kathleen gave me!

Heppni with two of her five chicks showing.

Back
Top Bottom