Icelandic Chickens

As promised.....
DSC_0139_thumb.jpg

DSC_0142_thumb.jpg

Henny Penny is very offended cuz we keep stealing her chicks
smile.png
We don't want to risk the kitties having a snack
sad.png
Once the chickens are big they leave them alone, even let them pick at their food while they are eating but they don't quite understand the little ones are off limits.

(((woo-hoo)))

Today was candling day...day 12 and we have 3 that look great, 1 that looks good and 2 that are iffy. I had to candle in the pen in the daylight so I didnt want to take any chances and toos out a good one so I marked the 2 iffy ones and we will see what happens
smile.png

Mama was busy eating some treats and as soon as I finished she went right back on them... She is so good!
smile.png

Oh yes, there will be pictures! I am at work now. I only got to see them for 5 minutes, as they arrived as I was on my way out the door to go to work. They are gorgeous! I can hardly wait to get home to look at them better!

I did catch the little stinker that jumped (or flew) out of the box! Wish I had a picture of that. I was shocked .... open box to look inside, and WHAM a bird flew into my face and took off running and flying and running and flying ...... Yeah, I caught her! (not saying it is because she ran herself into an empty pen and was cornered there) ..... I caught her alright!
gig.gif

ETA: How did she make parole?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom