Icelandic Chickens

Mary.....I'm so sorry about your goat. I hope he is okay.

Taz........I don't want to get in "trouble" for outing Mary's test.
wink.png

Quote:
You rang? Your wish is my command.
lau.gif

You apparently haven't seen my fancy title.
lol.png

Aren't moderators supposed to behave at all times?
hu.gif

As long as I'm not breakin' any rules, I'm good.
tongue.png

No rules broken here.
lol.png

Quote:
I know! I just love this little group, too. They really are so fun! I separated them from the other breeds a couple days after they hatched. With just the Icelandics alone, I notice they are so much calmer and happier.

If they were hatched with other eggs how do you know which ones are the Icelandics?

I had them in the hatcher with the Barred Rocks, which hatch with a dot on their head. Live and learn, ya know. I have had them mixed in with Delawares before................ yeah, had to wait a while to see who was who!
lol.png

We've had rain off and on all weekend, we really needed it so I don't mind. I didn't have time to water the flowers so Mother Nature saved me from that chore. The chickens seem to be happy campers, they are doing their best to lower the bug populations and exploring both inside and outside of their pen
roll.png

Hello everyone! I have been doing research on Icelandics and I am very interested in purchasing some hatching eggs. My dilemma is I am NPIP and I would need to buy from a NPIP source. I absolutely love the colors and combs of these birds. From what I have read there are around 3000-3500 Icelandics around and I want to help and preserve this breed. I am wanting 2 or so dozen eggs. Please PM me or respond if you can help! Thank you so much!

Nate

Back
Top Bottom