Icelandic Chickens

$80? Sheesh. I could have built that for $75. You must have had all of the materials on hand or salvaged. Nice work. Mine cost $700 to build and only half that size. Mines 5x8.

Nice coop!!!!!  It's missing birds and poop though.  You'll need to be hoofin' it up the ladder and looking in the hay area.

My older brother and I built it in '07, so it had seen a lot of chickens and p-o-o-p. lol
It was empty for a year, and I just cleaned it out. 18 wheelbarrow loads of manure out. It took me 5 hours to clean it out. :th Never again I will use straw for the bedding and I will clean it out more offen. I just put 25 chickens in it a month ago. I have straw bales blocking the loft door, so nothing can get in up there. ;)

Here is my POL pullet- What do you guys think of her? It was the only way to take a good picture of her if I held her. :/

I think that she is purty. :love

I've been enjoying the youtubes of a person named Renee who calls herself Michigansnowpony on there. She is replacing her nasty EE rooster with an Icelandic rooster. My DH called my attention to her videos when he was watching her canning something. Is she someone on here, by any chance? Did I somehow miss the boat? I love the videos and just subscribed! You all should check them out. Goats, chickens, bees, etc, etc, etc.- a wealth of information in those 9 pages of videos.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom