Icelandic Pullet- N. California/Chico area

CrazyCatNChickenLady

Songster
10 Years
Jan 23, 2010
Berry Creek, Ca
I have a POL pullet. She was given to me as a chick and she is now a beautiful little chicken. She's a loner and doesn't fit into my Olive Egger and Swedish Flower Hen pens.

She would LOVE to roost high up in tree's if given the chance. If she gets out she's out of the run pecking around by herself. She has really cool lacing, a tiny crest, and a rosecomb. If you are willing to come get her and you will be adding her into an Icelandic breeding program she can go free. I need proof she will be used as a breeder though in order to let her go free! $10 otherwise.

She should start laying any day now. She's getting awfully pink in the comb/wattles and around her eyes. My rooster towers over her and I'm afraid she's going to be squished when she does start laying.

Pictures taken today:
IMG_6480.jpg

IMG_6481.jpg

IMG_6498.jpg

IMG_6499.jpg

Last edited:
That's wild. She looks identical to my OEG hens, but with a mohawk! If I didn't live 3 states away, I would take her. I don't have any Icelandics but I would bet my little game hens would adopt her real quick!
Good Luck,
hc

where are you located? she is pretty.
I breed Icelandic's and can use another hen.
look at my photos to see my small flock
Thanks Jason

Funny I had half a PM written to you yesterday because I see you on the Olive egger thread and noticed your signiture. Then I got into google maps to see how far of a drive it is and ended up posting here in the BST. How weird would I have sounded. "Hi do you want a chicken?
lol.png
You dont know me, but now I sound like a total stalker! and you'd have to drive like 2-3 hours to get her."

I live just outside of Chico. I can probably meet you in oroville or south of here if you dont come up this way often, but she's yours if you want her! PM me if you want.

Funny I had half a PM written to you yesterday because I see you on the Olive egger thread and noticed your signiture. Then I got into google maps to see how far of a drive it is and ended up posting here in the BST. How weird would I have sounded. "Hi do you want a chicken?
lol.png
You dont know me, but now I sound like a total stalker! and you'd have to drive like 2-3 hours to get her."

I live just outside of Chico. I can probably meet you in oroville or south of here if you dont come up this way often, but she's yours if you want her! PM me if you want.
lol funny. yeah would love her just not sure on when I can go that way. I live up here and work by Stockton so not usually wanting to drive alot on the weekend lol
maybe if you still have her in a week I can try and figure it out.
thanks Jason

Here's some new pictures from today. I noticed she has one white feather coming in near her tail. And her comb has gotten so much darker just in the last couple days. Eggs are coming SOON!

IMG_6577.jpg

IMG_6583.jpg

IMG_6592.jpg

IMG_6593.jpg

I keep coming back to this thread. I think the Gamefowl coloration on hens looks so pretty and helps keep them safe from predators. If my brother still lived in Cali, I would make him pick it up and drive it back to Michigan. I just think she is so stunning! I cannot believe no one has grabbed her yet...

Thanks! I'd keep her just for the coloring if she wasn't so independent. I feel bad I either lock her up all the time or let her out by herself. Neither of which she likes. Plus once she's out she's almost impossible to catch! I'm going to try and hook a 'chicken crazy' here, otherwise I'll have to put her on craigslist, which I dont want to do with her!

Thanks! I'd keep her just for the coloring if she wasn't so independent. I feel bad I either lock her up all the time or let her out by herself. Neither of which she likes. Plus once she's out she's almost impossible to catch! I'm going to try and hook a 'chicken crazy' here, otherwise I'll have to put her on craigslist, which I dont want to do with her!
Nice looking pullet!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom