1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Id Help please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by COgirl, Jul 13, 2007.

1. COgirl

COgirl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2007
    Falcon Colorado
    hope I do this right. any help with breed would be appreciated, especially with beauty, pic 5, she was such a ugly duckling..er chick, but I think she is turning into a beauty. these are my 41/2 week olds have 27 total, but many are the same and some I think I've figured out, thankyou

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I dont know but the last pic... I want the black and white 1!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Pic #3 is a Buff Orpington, #4 is a Speckled Sussex, and in #6, you have an Easter Egger on the left and a Rhode Island Red on the right. The others, I don't know. I almost said Silver Laced Wyandotte for the first one, but the legs are the wrong color.

4. firechicken

firechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Covington, GA
    Quote:I'll second that. It sure is a pretty one.

5. COgirl

Jun 6, 2007
    Falcon Colorado
    Woohoo then I have 2 buff orpingtons. I'm also happy about the spec sussex, was hopeing that Penny was a RIR, so happy on that. The one in the first pic I have alot of them, MCmurray must of had a run on them that day. Hope someone can figure out the rest especially Beauty, she is so sweet and shy and puffy maybe I should call her marshmellow [​IMG] could pic #1 be a silver spangled hamburg? Thanks for all the help, it is really appreciated.
    Kim

6. COgirl

Jun 6, 2007
    Falcon Colorado
    thankyou inuyashalover21 and firechicken. I have 2 of them they are both friendly and outgoing and very curious

7. Barb Schuetz

Barb Schuetz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2007
    Viroqua, WI
    I think the 1st one is a silver spangled hamburg and the 2nd a lakenvelder. They look just like mine.

8. COgirl

Jun 6, 2007
    Falcon Colorado
    Thanks for the replies everybody. I am going to have alot of SSH's. I still hope someone can identify Beauty for me, she really is the oddest looking chicken, so round and grey flecks on her head and those green legs, maybe she is just a oops chick [​IMG] . oh well she is a sweetie. Thanks again for the help, you all are great [​IMG]

9. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    chick #1 is a SSH pullet. I dunno what number two is but shes pretty!

10. dreamgirl

dreamgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2007
    Hudson Valley, NY
    The first is a SSH, I got a bunch with my McMurry order too, the 2nd, if she has feathers on her legs, looks just like my Light Brahman, 3rd could be a BO, 4th an EE, 5th ?, and 6th EE, SSH? and RIR.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by