1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

id like you all to meet the newest member of "the zoo"

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by bagendhens, Sep 21, 2010.

1. bagendhens

bagendhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Outside the Boundries
    JACK!

jack is now a 6 1/2 week olf Severe macaw who is an absolute love of my life. hes still on 3 feedings a day and is very much a baby (i have many years experience handfeeding baby birds) and is my first ever Macaw.
    ive had him a week and a half and must say...im Absolutly inlove. i didnt think i could fall so hard so quikcly, but hes got me wrapped around his little foot!

were starting to introduce new foods now and while he likes fresh strawberry and grapes hes taking his time with veggies lol, but we have plenty of time given these guys would be fed in the wild untill 6-8 months of age and im planning on abundance weaning him, hell get fed formular ofr as long as he chooses it [​IMG]

hes already started exploring his cage, but i have him sleep in tupper tote because of drafts and hes still rather unsteady.
    and today i put him on his play-tree, a tabletop manzanita tree, he doesnt mind being up there but isnt sure how to get around yet. thats ok though, its all great for his dexterity.

he LOVES to snuggle and is right now happy grinding asleep on my chest.

if i didnt mention it already...
    i adore him!
    [​IMG]

2. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    How sweet is he! I love the beak grinding sound. He's absolutely stunning...I expect more photos as he grows. [​IMG]

3. firedancer57

firedancer57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Lurking in the corner
    Jack is beautiful ! What wonders and love these little things bring us. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by