ID my chickens! Easter eggers?

I can't say I have ever seen an advert for "mongrel hatching eggs" so it makes me wonder what they were sold as.

Most times any non-specific breed eggs are sold simply as "fertile hatching eggs". Sellers will generally disclose what breeds are in the flock of possible contributors if asked if/when not listed in the advert.

Aha! I think I may have found a likely suspect for what other genes your 'EE' roo may have in him... Check out this rooster:
Quote:
"Crele Old English Game Fowl Standard Chicken Rooster"

Course, he could have gotten that coloring from other places, but it's a bit of a striking resemblance. Add some more facial feathers, a crest, change the comb... And he looks quite similar.

Best wishes.

Last edited:
That's very interesting. Would explain where he gets the barring from. And the tail is very similar too. Thanks!

Last edited:
I wonder if they could be cream legbar / araucana crosses. Quite a few people end up with both breeds in the UK if they are wanting blue egg layers. Assuming that both parents were purebred and the cock was araucana that would make a sex link cross with the roos being barred, but hard to say for sure since you only have the two of them.

That's quite a convincing suggestion, I just had a look at a few images and that could definitely explain it!

Back
Top Bottom