id of pea chicks

teresagy

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 25, 2011
I wrote to you over one week ago, hoping that my pics of my 2 new peachicks would post with my question. They obviously did not. I still do not see a way to attach photos. So I will try to describe them for you. Both hatched with the same "clutch?" They are approx 5 weeks old. (I asked the gentleman from whom I acquired them, and he was unable to give me an exact date.) They both have "barring" of black and white on their wings and back. One appears to be more rust colored than the other, but not dramatically so. They both are getting the top feathers in the past 10 days. Any pointers on how to determine their sex? How soon can I put them in an outside enclosure? I live in SE Indiana-nights are getting cooler. They are currently still under a warming light. Thanks, in advance, for any help. :) Obviously, I am new to this.

They sound like india blues, and they're too young to sex on sight. Closer to 3 months, you can PM me and I'll send you my email- you can send me pics and I'll post them for you if you haven't figured out how to post pics by then.

Look for this ATTACH FILES button to attach the pictures.
Screenshot_20200925-140412_BackYard Chickens~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom