Idaho/Washington/Oregon and questions

ShrekDawg

You are loved.
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 18, 2008
SE Massachusetts
Not sure if this is the right thread, maybe random ramblings or something would be better, idk. Mods can move it if it's wrong.

But anybody from Idaho or any surrounding states? I'm from Massachusetts but I'm wondering because I've always wanted to visit there or anywhere out west really. And more recently thinking maybe I eventually want to move to Idaho or go to school out there maybe.

What parts of Idaho does everybody live in and I know it's probably subjective and don't mean to cause any arguments but what do people consider sort of the "best" part to visit or move to? And speaking of moving, from what I've seen from looking online/very brief research the land seems really cheap out there, cheapest I've found. But is there any part cheaper than any other part? But also, perhaps equally or more important, I don't want somewhere that's dirt cheap but really really ugly so is there anywhere that's sort of still "pretty" but cheap? I know a lot of the traditional gorgeous areas go way up in price but maybe there's a compromise. Mountains, lakes, rivers, meadows, anything like that?

And also I was thinking of possibly going out for Warped Tour because there's some bands and one whos friends, playing only the second half of the tour so I wanted to see them. My date is Wednesday but theres dates out there in August. I can't go to the other west coast dates because I'm busy but I was thinking about one or all of the last 3. There's 8/11 Nampa, ID; 8/12 Auburn, WA; 8/13 Portland, OR. Anybody ever been to or live in those areas? Maybe know which one may be better to go to if I did (which might not happen but I want to), or prettiest? Are they even close to each other or no?

Sorry for all the questions.

Anyway, beautiful states you have out there and thank you in advance.

Hey, congratulations on thinking about the west. It's great out here! I live in southeastern British Columbia, Canada but I spend a lot of time in eastern Washington and Idaho. Spokane, Washington is a really nice city. It is a great mix of small town and city. There are 3 universities either within city limits or just down the freeway. There is an airport, convention center and everything else to help support eastern Washington, the pan handle of Idaho and north eastern Oregon. The city of CorD'eleaine ( I can never spell it right so look on a map) is in the Idaho pan handle. It is a really nice city too. There is lots of nice country around the area and prices vary enough so that anyone can find a place that works. There is no tax in Idaho so that is a benefit too. The area has all kinds of stuff to do. There are great lakes and rivers, mountains for skiing, ( real mountains not fancy hills ) open spaces for riding, quading and skidooing. The area has a wide mix of geography with lots of flat and mountains. It is beautiful. You wouldn't go wrong out here. Good luck with your choice.

Back
Top Bottom