Idaho?

I have two large fowl bearded polish pullets available! It was really difficult deciding which ones to keep. I love all of them! These are out of a crele project. They are very friendly. 20.00 each or 35.00 total if taken together.

weirdest thing....

my husband has been very hesitant about this whole chicken adventure.. well, cautious. He is supportive but always reminds me that I don't have room for all i want to do, he doesn't want us to spend a fortune on stuff, wants to know when our chicken kindergarten will get taken down (brooder, lol) etc, etc, etc.

We signed my son up for 4H (who is totally excited about it, by the way) and one of his goals was to learn how to hatch an egg. We are already busting at the seams in our coops, but my son loves the cochin bantams so much we decided he could keep a small flock. My HUSBAND suggested we hatch our own batch with a DIY incubator this summer, instead of waiting till next spring when we would have a couple of broody hens!
th.gif

BY THE WAY - those baby quail - CUTEST things I've seen :) very nice!

weirdest thing....

my husband has been very hesitant about this whole chicken adventure.. well, cautious. He is supportive but always reminds me that I don't have room for all i want to do, he doesn't want us to spend a fortune on stuff, wants to know when our chicken kindergarten will get taken down (brooder, lol) etc, etc, etc.

We signed my son up for 4H (who is totally excited about it, by the way) and one of his goals was to learn how to hatch an egg. We are already busting at the seams in our coops, but my son loves the cochin bantams so much we decided he could keep a small flock. My HUSBAND suggested we hatch our own batch with a DIY incubator this summer, instead of waiting till next spring when we would have a couple of broody hens!
th.gif

BY THE WAY - those baby quail - CUTEST things I've seen :) very nice!

Yay!!! Sounds a little like my DH.. he complains a lot, but then tells me all the silly things the chickens did while I was at work, lol

My husband says he isn't into the chickens... yet he'll visit them, and remind me to get peas for them at the store. (Peas are their FAVORITE)

My quail from Icyoldhen are hatching. I put a regular chick next to them to show how teeny, so cute! The chick does not know quite what to think of these weird little guys haha!

wee.gif

OH MY! How cute is that!

I've been wondering if any were hatching yet!

I'm starting an incubator full tonight! I haven't counted the eggs yet, but I think I have over 100! Fun, Fun! If anyone is looking for jumbo coturnix quail in SE Idaho let me know. I'll have a bunch in just under 3 weeks.

I really enjoy my quail!

PS I thought they were bacon when I first saw it too! LOL

Last edited:
My flock all growing up. We found the Idaho Domestic Bird rescue that has a good number of ducks and we might actually be adding one more female Pekin into our group since we have a male Pekin and Female Khaki.

Gracie and Marsala are both 10 weeks old (SLW)
Ducky is 8 weeks old (Khaki)
Howard aka Peepers is 5 weeks old (Pekin)

Back
Top Bottom