Idaho?

Quote:
Soda was indeed tiny. A small mining town. Residents mostly Mormon. Landscape was dry whereas NW Idaho was more lush. If memory serves, Soda had a tiny little movie theatre with a sound proof room for kids! We used to drive to Pocatello to go to the store and stuff - I think it was about an hour away. Idaho was so beautifully unoccupied when I lived there - maybe a 1/2 million people in the entire large state (when tiny Rhode Island already had about 1 million) - the only traffic was cows lounging in the middle of the road - now I'm sure sprawl has found it and it's likely at risk, though still a chance to save some goodly amounts of open space. I was fortunate to be there for grad school field work and had a 1 million acre study area - all nature, and got to walk a good portion of it - so very beautiful. It was a very long time ago..... Boise - I'm struggling to remember - it's been a very long while.........someone who has been there more recently would probably have a better take on it.
JJ

Quote:
I'm not in Idaho anymore, but lived in Mountain Home for about 2.5 years from May '96 to October '98! We started out living on Sunset Strip in the trailer park between a repair shop of some sort and Stoney's Desert Inn, then we got our housing since dh was in the USAF. Sometimes I really miss MH. I do want to move back to Idaho someday though. Before moving to Mountain Home, I lived in Coeur d' Alene for 8 months and absolutely LOVED it up there, and it has been calling me back ever since I left. It's gotten so expensive since I left there though, and I don't know if we could ever afford to move back there, but I do keep praying that we can! We still have friends in the Boise area, too.

How funny I live off Sunset S. Stoney D Inn Closed down in the fall. Yes the prices have gone up alot in the last few years. My DH has lived in Mt Home all his life. Washington state is calling me back. We may be moving that was soon?

Erica

Quote:
Small world! Bummer that the Desert Inn closed...they were quite tasty, but then again, I was pregnant and maybe that had something to do with it?
tongue.png

Quote:
That's not a bad idea! I think dh is obligated to stick with this company for a few more years, but we'll definitely keep that in mind. I'd LOVE to live in the panhandle of Idaho again. Before we moved here, DH was looking for work in Eastern Washington/northern Idaho, but didn't find anything, so we figured it wasn't meant to be yet. Time will tell. One of my friends still lives up that way, too. His grandpa owned a gem shop in Spokane when he was alive and his aunt and uncle own it now. Anyway....never know....my heart aches to be back up there I even have my house picked out...too bad it's $3mil...but I've had my eye on it for several years. They mustn't be in too much of a hurry to sell since it's been on the market at least 3 years. Someday...

I grew up in SHELLEY, i lived FIRTH, ( try finding that on a map ), then i was in the BOISE are now i live in SHELLEY again

Back
Top Bottom