Idaho?

Well,
None yet but I'm doing my BYC research! I think I want to find a local breeder with a heritage breed.

Well if you find a good one locally please let me know. If you are ever interested in having a rooster, i will have several young cockerels i will be rehoming in the next couple months. Currently hatching plus i have 3-4 12 week old cockerels that i will need to thin out. Im not allowed roos so it's only a matter of time. :(

Well,
Well if you find a good one locally please let me know. If you are ever interested in having a rooster, i will have several young cockerels i will be rehoming in the next couple months. Currently hatching plus i have 3-4 12 week old cockerels that i will need to thin out. Im not allowed roos so it's only a matter of time. :(

Sorry no Roos in my neighborhood either.

Well,

I found two close to us. Dunlap in Caldwell and http://qcupoultry.com in Paul.

Last edited:
Well,
there is a farmer out in Kuuna named Chad with a ton of chickens, and he will take any unwanted roosters or hens. So it's a good alternative if you don't want to kill your young Cockrells.

You can also use a "Crowing collar" that stops or dramatically decreases growing. It's actually a very cool option for keeping a rooster in a neighborhood or part of town that doesn't allow roosters! Look it up on YouTube.

You can also use a "Crowing collar" that stops or dramatically decreases growing. It's actually a very cool option for keeping a rooster in a neighborhood or part of town that doesn't allow roosters! Look it up on YouTube.

Yes I tried that but somehow they got lice and the collar provided a perfect place for them to set up camp on my poor guy. Since I'm new to chickens, it took me a while to figure it out. Of course I treated the whole flock right away and removed the collar. I may try it again eventually if need be. I currently have 3-4 roos but they haven't been crowing. The head roo started crowing at 3 weeks but stopped around 8 weeks and the others haven't started yet. I don't expect the quiet to last but all is well for now.

Back
Top Bottom