Idaho?

Oh, I'm sooooooo going to Chickenstock next year! I had so much fun. I have some poultry related items in the works as well as a plan to bring more birds than I did this year.....hens willing, of course. Like what kind of other stuff do people take or make to take?

Yes, I posted pictures of our Sammy! It looks like he's going to be a dark or medium toned buckskin. I've been meaning to take some new pictures of him. Love to see him when you get a chance :)

Last edited:
I have not ever been to a poultry auction. Are they run just like horse ones? Get a number and then the auctioneers go in order?

If you take a few birds to Caldwell, do they all need cages That we provide? Are there cages there for them already?

What if I brought an Emu?
They assign buyers and sellers #'s then go up one row and down the next selling each cage as they go. The cages are tagged ahead of time with breed info and sellers#

Yes, they have cages there to put the sell birds in. Geese and turkeys are the largest birds I have seen there that have been in their cages. If buying you have to bring your own cage.

I have not ever been to a poultry auction. Are they run just like horse ones? Get a number and then the auctioneers go in order?

If you take a few birds to Caldwell, do they all need cages That we provide? Are there cages there for them already?

What if I brought an Emu?
You have emus? Where are you in SE Idaho? I have some eggs coming in a couple of months to try hatching...
They assign buyers and sellers #'s then go up one row and down the next selling each cage as they go. The cages are tagged ahead of time with breed info and sellers#

Yes, they have cages there to put the sell birds in. Geese and turkeys are the largest birds I have seen there that have been in their cages. If buying you have to bring your own cage.
Would like to go to this just to watch if nothing else.. maybe we can get one started in East Idaho some day...

I live in Spirit Lake and need help. I have four 2 week old feather footed chicks with curled toes/ankles. I have been trying since day 3 to fix them but I'm having trouble. Is there anyone in my area that is able to help us? I'm using a mix of bandaids, toothpicks as splints, medical tape and I've tried making a stencil for their toes. I had this happen last year and was able to correct it but this year is proving more than I can handle. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you!

Hi Bird Guy, I live in Rigby and I traded some chickens for the emu. One of my girl friends had 4 males and she is trying to get a pair instead. Nor sure our household is up to a bird as tall as me. :)

Chickenhill - Oh, people can bring anything poultry related to Chickstock. I'll be bringing some feeders I've designed along with started pullets and chicks.

It depends on if the ladies are cooperating when I set eggs to hatch for Chickenstock. You know how that goes......laying like crazy until you want to set eggs and then they go broody. LOL - Where are you located? I'm willing to wait if needed and willing to drive some... ideally I need one about 15 weeks old... Females only... but I am really trying to get my hands on a decent quality cochin... :)
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom