Idaho?

Pics
I am so sorry for you - they don't allow roos here in idaho falls either. Maybe some type of "re-homing fee" will attract genuine pet chicken owners rather than folks looking for a free dinner.

Well it's not because it's not allowed but we didn't want a rooster, didn't want the crowing, we had them sexed but this one got by. We were hoping that it was just growing faster then the rest, but it's so much bigger than the rest and got the red comb already at 7 weeks
hit.gif
he's really pretty bird and gettng heavy too.
I wonder just how much I need to offer him for to discourage the hungry from wanting him.
hmm.png

I'd love to keep him but don't have the space made for a separate area for him and I don't want to keep him with the hens, and of course there's still the crowing
sad.png

Quote:
Awwww, doesnt that just melt your heart when they trust and like you so much that they will sit in your lap like that? Watch out for those 'birdy bombs' though! My sister had a little accident the other day and I was working in the coop when they called me to the hospital...one of my other sisters and I are sitting there in my sisters room and I whispered to my sister "I was in the coop, I dont have anything on me do I" and I turned so she could see my back and she started laughing!!! "Oh my GOD, YOU DO!!!!" So glad I asked.
hmm.png
Luckily there was wipes in a dispenser right there on the wall. I had given myself a quick inspection before I jumped in the car, but I forgot to check the backside. My sister is fine now and I will look myself over a little more if I have to leave in a hurry again sometime. LOL
Maybe your little roo won't be noisy? Though most roosters seem to be...I didnt want anymore either, I have a bantam rooster and I worry other bigger roosters will hurt him is why I dont want anymore...2 of my babies are roos and 3 are pullets. I wish they could all get along but I'll probably be looking for homes too. I hate to see them go to my hay peoples dinner table in exchange for a bale of hay.
sad.png
I would ask at least $8 for him...I have seen them from $8 - $12 on craigslist. Good luck to you from here in Meridian, Idaho!

Hi Fellow Idahoans. I'm in Mountain Home. I'm retired from the Air Force (hubby is still active). I'm trying to get my Turkey breeding going. Have lots of poults. I also have chickens, guineas, ducks, geese, horses, donkey (1) and lots of Long Haired Dachshunds. Always willing to chat.

Quote:
smile.png
Hello from Sandpoint! My DH has a red dapple long haired dachshund named Abbey..she's almost 8 months old. What a character!
love.gif
We love her to death.
What kind of turkeys are you raising?

Hi from Idaho Falls! I've got 3 RIR, 2 Hatch and 1 Monty Blue (American Games) - all are pullets becaue of city rules. Have fun with your Turkey Lurkies.

I have 2 batches in incubators right now. 1st batch is due to hatch around the 1st and 2nd batch around the seventh. Mostly BCM's of my own stock and some from Bev Davis Marans. Should be some good hatches. Planning to fill both bators again after these hatches are done.

Back
Top Bottom