Idaho?

Pics
I guess that makes sense, then!! It is pretty narrow up there in Northern Idaho... Susan, maybe you should start a thread for your peeps up there... I frequent the Utah thread, too, since we're so close here plus DH's family is in northern UT..

Pips and Peeps... how often do you have Blue Wheaten hatching eggs available?? From the looks of your site it sounds not too often, or do you have a waiting list? The pics of your birds are sure pretty on your website!
I'm just not selling anything this year. I am keeping my numbers down and hatching for myself. If I have any started birds available later this fall I will post them.

The pic on my post is one of the chicks we bought from you, Kevin... we just love them and they are running around like crazy, eating every bug they can find, and three of them out of the 10 are starting to crow... I would really like to keep all of them, and I think until there is some trouble, that's what I am going to do.. We ended up with one blue laced red Wyandotte rooster, three golden laced hens, two splash blue orpintons, a black orpington roo & hen, and a blue orpington hen and roo.. so all in all I think we did pretty well. will post pics ... thanks again for really healthy chicks... Steph

Wow that sounds great! I love to hear from people that have bought birds from me that they are happy and healthy. Sounds like you did a great job picking out chicks as far as getting a good mix of pullets and cockerels as well as colors.

Thought I’d include a picture of our new Sebie Gosling Lucie and her partner Billie the Silver Appleyard Duckling (about 6 weeks old in the picture). They come to the Patio twice a day for lettuce and bugs.

I'm just not selling anything this year. I am keeping my numbers down and hatching for myself. If I have any started birds available later this fall I will post them.

I'll watch for that, then!!

WELCOME to all the new people!! So glad to have more people stopping by the Idaho thread=)

Welcome longviewrn... what a pretty hen in your avatar!!
NewtoChix... yes, post pics... we love to see them!!
kikko-- just looked at your website... looks like you stay busy!!

Hope everyone had a safe 4th.. we had rain yesterday... it was heavenly...

Now, I have to post a pic of one of my EE's who laid her first egg today... had been hoping for closer to blue color, but I'll take the olive=)

Ok L-R: BO, the pullet egg, and my other OE's egg

Here, she is... my boys call her Little Red, Big Red is the NHR behind her... I guess I should've known her egg wouldn't be too blue with that comb of hers...
Pawtraitart and Pips... is it true that the better the pea comb in an EE, the more likely they are to lay a bluer egg??

Mountain quail are native to Idaho. I have cots, Gambels, Blue scales and Butler Bobwhites. I had very good success this year and am looking to get rid of some birds. Also need some Gambel and Blue Scale roosters to introduce new blood into them.

Mountain quail are native to Idaho. I have cots, Gambels, Blue scales and Butler Bobwhites. I had very good success this year and am looking to get rid of some birds. Also need some Gambel and Blue Scale roosters to introduce new blood into them.

I love seeing them running around in the neighborhoods in northern utah where DH's family lives... pretty birds...
what kind of bird is that in your avatar?? an emu?

Last edited:
Daloorashens, nice olive egg :) i had not heard that about the comb, would love to know the expert's answer on that one! Any signs of what to look for to get that blue egg haha!

Birdguy, so I have ONE (1) Black Jersey giant chick that hatched while I was gone. Out of 12 that I ordered. ARGH! So....do you still want the one lonely baby? Let me know, I will be up to Idaho Falls next Sunday to bring Daloorashens her pullets from pawtraitart and the wheaten I hatched. If you have time in the late morning, would love to drop HER (for good luck the capital letters) to you and settle up with you on the Delawares....or I could do it later after our family dinner after 7 pm ish. What other breeds of pullets do you have left for sale?
Daloorashens would Sunday morning work for you? We are going to try to be up there before noon to drop off chickens then go to my little brothers 21st bday party/dinner.....then leaving around 7.

Hello Rusty here from Emmett Idaho :) I wanted to post some pics of my Appleyard ducks and Royal Palm turkeys I got from Kevin :) ALso my lonely mille fleur roo :)

Back
Top Bottom