Idea for new food product...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Miltonchix, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Miltonchix

Miltonchix Taking a Break

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    Since everyone hates factory farms so much I think we should shut them all down. Today.
    I have this new food product that everyone should love.
    It should be very popular because its "GREEN". And everyone knows you ain't cool if you ain't "green".
    I think I'll call it Soylent Green. Sounds kinda cool huh?
    With all the evil factory farms gone I should get rich pretty quick when thats all people will have to eat. Except for the FEW of us who can raise real food. Wait....not real food, my soylent green is the best, you'll forget all about real food. I mean dirty food from evil farmers. [​IMG]

2. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    You are joking---- right?

Got something tickling the back folds of my dim memory --Soylent Green now where have I heard that before?

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Soylent Green...

It's People!
    Impishly

4. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:an old Heston movie right? At least that's what he's implying.

5. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I think it is more a matter of being uneducated about factory farms.

Since you have great thoughts on this, maybe you could create an educational BYC page to make sure facts are straight about it.
    [​IMG]

6. Miltonchix

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    Quote:an old Heston movie right? At least that's what he's implying.

[​IMG]
    And when all the evil factory farms are gone I'll be rich because without them everyone will have to eat my Soylent Green.
    AND.....................People are just dieing to get some! [​IMG]

I guess you had to see the movie. Its from the early 70's Post Apocalypse type movie.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  7. Miltonchix

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    Here's some factory farms.

http://farol.smugmug.com/Landscapes...06668_yawcu/1/301263913_qnse7#301263913_qnse7

These are NOT my photos, but I wish they were.

They are the Palouse Harvest in Eastern Washington. It produces, on average, 160 million bushels of soft white wheat. This is only one of several "Harvests" throughout Eastern Washington. We not only feed ourselves we feed a lot of people around the world. Which ones do we shut down first? Oh, and we ship frozen eggs overseas to help feed others as well. And.............so on.

8. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    But if you shut down the farms, lets so all the egg farms people complain about. You know why the conditions are horrible? It's cheap! I haven't bought eggs lately but lets say $3 a dozen. If they actually took care of hens it's be like $6 a dozen and people would groan and complain. Same with the hog industries, cattle, and all the other stuff. We complain about the care, but then complain about the cost. You can't have your cake and be humane about it too.

9. dntd

dntd Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
    Idk but around here the good farmers sell thier jumbo eggs for 350 and the grocery store wants 2.99 not much differance except the small cram eggs taste better and I can get huge eggs unlike the store. I think areosol cans of chemical made meat is the next step in food production.

10. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Oh God, you had to mention Soylent Green. DH and I were going through a rough patch about 37 years ago (had just lost a pregnancy) and were quite depressed. DH was in the military so we decided to go see a movie at the base theater.... guess what was playing??? I still can't believe we sat through the whole thing. "Soylent Green" has been a trigger phrase for us ever since. We knew we were recovering when we could laugh about Soylent Green.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by