Idea on Breed please?

Ajones813

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 27, 2013
Florida
We purchased 5 WC Black Polish chicks 2 weeks ago. This lil' beauty was mixed in with them. Any idea on the breed? Loves to snuggle and hide her/his (sorry, haven't named yet..lol) head in your hand when holding. :) When we first brought her/him home, we though something was wrong. The wings stayed spread almost constantly, but as you can see, that has changed. However, the wings do stay in a 'hanging low' like position...never noticed this with any of our other chicks.

Thanks in advance :)

Ajones813

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 27, 2013
Florida
Thank you for your quick response :)

We actually purchased them from an auction. I didn't see that we had a different one until after we left. My hubby went up with the box to collect.

Ajones813

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 27, 2013
Florida
Can you tell what sort of comb it has? Does it have cheek puffs?
It's so small it's hard for me to tell, but it 'looks' like a single comb. It looks to be one line with spikes. I see no red anywhere on it yet. Doesn't look to have cheek puffs.

Mr MKK FARMS

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Sep 27, 2012
Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!
LL

Kelsie2290

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Feb 18, 2011
Ohio
It's so small it's hard for me to tell, but it 'looks' like a single comb. It looks to be one line with spikes. I see no red anywhere on it yet. Doesn't look to have cheek puffs.
I'm going to X2 the Serema or cross vote. Wondered about d'Anver cross, but that's out with a single comb and clean face.

Top Bottom