1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

IDEA!!!! Rotating Lazy Susan Nest Boxes!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by hmmcc123, Sep 15, 2011.

1. hmmcc123

hmmcc123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    Wouldn't that be clever!!? So, right now I am listening to one ticked off, very squaky hen that wants to lay an egg in the spot her sister is in. Her annoyance is annoying me!! I've gone out there trying to tell her to "be patient". [​IMG] Then, on another attempt I tried to make her another spot to lay. She wasn't having it. [​IMG] Yet another trip out there, I checked to see if her sister had layed her egg yet...nope. [​IMG] I then tried to coax her sister into hurrying up to lay her egg. [​IMG] And my final attempt a peace for my very squaky hen was to throw her some scratch....wow, that worked, for like 5 minutes! [​IMG] So now I sit here wondering....wouldn't it be cool to have a rotating nest box!!?? Kind of a lazy susan of sorts that you spin to move one chicken over while she is fooled to thinking she is in the same spot and it leaves an open one in the original spot for a waiting hen? Do you follow me? That would be cool right!?

2. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    [​IMG] That would be super cool! You should make a design and submit it for a patent!

3. hmmcc123

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    Or....maybe like a ferris wheel!! LOL

4. hmmcc123

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    BigDaddy'sGurl :

[​IMG] That would be super cool! You should make a design and submit it for a patent!

My wheels are spinning! [​IMG]

5. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    That is a great idea !!!!! [​IMG]

6. mystang89

mystang89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    Louisville
    I would love to see the hen in the lazy susan that was trying to lay an egg and started spinning.[​IMG][​IMG]

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Chillin' With My Peeps

I think some of us have too much time on our hands.... Just sayin

8. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    That would be a great idea! Have it work on the weight of the chicken--when 1 gets in it rotates around to leave the next available one open?

9. hmmcc123

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    Quote:LOL!! [​IMG] That is a great visual!!

10. hmmcc123

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    Quote:Yep! Absolutely....and I LOVE it!! More time for my pets and kids!![​IMG][​IMG].....Just sayin

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by