Ideal Chicks Order - No Problems-Good Job

corancher

Songster
12 Years
Apr 18, 2007
Colorado
I received my 43 chicks from Ideal yesterday. All arrived in great shape. No packing peanuts.

The chicks were shipped on Wednesday and I received them yesterday morning at 7:20am. It was around 20 degrees yesterday morning.

So many have had problems lately that I wanted to post to let everyone know that it is still possible to get chicks safely.

Good job Ideal.

fred123

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 6, 2009
Eastern Massachussets
I am thinking of ordering from Ideal. Some people seem to like them an others don't. What breed/s did you order? They probably came from a good source, assuming Ideal gets their chicks from different places.
-----
youth 4-Her, rabbit raiser, sculptor, and the operator of a rabbit and cavy "bed and breakfast"

verlaj

Songster
10 Years
Jan 31, 2009
Micanopy, Florida
I have my first mail order placed with Ideal, to arrive first week of May. Just wanted to mention that I heard the Ideal reps interviewed on the "Chicken Whisperer" radio show a couple of weeks ago and he asked them if they bred their own birds or contracted out for them. They said they bred their own.

twinlights

Songster
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Massachusetts
I have some coming from them in a couple weeks.
Glad to here no problems with yours.
I have ordered from them several times and been very happy with my birds.

WestKnollAmy

The Crazy Chicken Lady
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
upstate SC
After the PO fiasco last fall, I did give Ideal another chance and received all 40 live chicks last Friday!

They are still healthy and happy and doing great.
I got 20 Barnevelders, 10 EE's and 10 buff Brahmas. All pullets that I can tell so far.

I still have an order coming from My Pet Chicken for 10 Silkie and Frizzle pullets.
I have an order due in from Welp also for 50 chicks of 5 different breeds but some are for my neighbor and I also have an order due from Central Hatchery for 50 of their sex links.

Crazy??? Like a chicken!

Top Bottom