Ideal Chicks Order - No Problems-Good Job

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by corancher, Mar 13, 2009.

1. corancher

corancher Songster

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    I received my 43 chicks from Ideal yesterday. All arrived in great shape. No packing peanuts.

The chicks were shipped on Wednesday and I received them yesterday morning at 7:20am. It was around 20 degrees yesterday morning.

So many have had problems lately that I wanted to post to let everyone know that it is still possible to get chicks safely.

Good job Ideal.

2. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Songster

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    WOOHOO !!! I get mine from there in 2 weeks !! Have fun and enjoy !!

3. fred123

fred123 In the Brooder

Mar 6, 2009
    Eastern Massachussets
    I am thinking of ordering from Ideal. Some people seem to like them an others don't. What breed/s did you order? They probably came from a good source, assuming Ideal gets their chicks from different places.
    -----
    youth 4-Her, rabbit raiser, sculptor, and the operator of a rabbit and cavy "bed and breakfast" [​IMG]

4. wolfie

wolfie Songster

Mar 2, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Congrats [​IMG] hope you enjoy your new chicks so what did you order and can I see pics. [​IMG]

5. big_brahmas

big_brahmas In the Brooder

Aug 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    congrats.
    the only problem i've ever had with ideal is their sexing.
    [​IMG] here's to hoping you don't get the number of roo's i did!

6. verlaj

verlaj Songster

Jan 31, 2009
    Micanopy, Florida
    I have my first mail order placed with Ideal, to arrive first week of May. Just wanted to mention that I heard the Ideal reps interviewed on the "Chicken Whisperer" radio show a couple of weeks ago and he asked them if they bred their own birds or contracted out for them. They said they bred their own.

7. Pysanka

Pysanka Hatching

Mar 14, 2009
    North Carolina
    I've ordered from Ideal multiple times and have always been completely satisfied.

8. twinlights

twinlights Songster

Jun 26, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I have some coming from them in a couple weeks.
    Glad to here no problems with yours.
    I have ordered from them several times and been very happy with my birds.

9. Faverolle

Faverolle Songster

Feb 12, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Ideal hatches there own chicks.

10. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    After the PO fiasco last fall, I did give Ideal another chance and received all 40 live chicks last Friday![​IMG]
    They are still healthy and happy and doing great.
    I got 20 Barnevelders, 10 EE's and 10 buff Brahmas. All pullets that I can tell so far.[​IMG]

I still have an order coming from My Pet Chicken for 10 Silkie and Frizzle pullets.
    I have an order due in from Welp also for 50 chicks of 5 different breeds but some are for my neighbor and I also have an order due from Central Hatchery for 50 of their sex links.[​IMG]
    Crazy??? Like a chicken![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: