Ideal Hatchery Chicks for Northwest!

kipper

Songster
10 Years
Apr 11, 2009
Key Peninsula, Washington
We used Ideal for the first time this year, having used Welp/Privett (same place if you live in the west) 3 times before. What a different experience!

Welp/Privett was fine, chicks came to our little Washington State peninsula in 2 days, only lost 1 out of 75 chicks in 3-25 chick shipments.

Ideal, however, was Amazing! Our chicks were here in 24 HOURS after shipping! This may not mean much to those of you who live in the Midwest or Eastern US, but we don't have hatcheries in the West so this is not normal. This was their standard shipping, too. Good thing I set up for them "just in case".

And the chicks! Wow! they were so big and healthy, active from the time they arrived. When we introduced the food, they MOBBED the feeder! The only problem we have had is keeping our jaws from dropping as they are so much nicer than our past chicks. Same food, brooder, etc., just amazing chicks!

Customer service was also great, we had an ice storm that was effecting my internet access, and I couldn't tell if my order had gone through. I called Ideal, and the person who assisted me re-did my order and couldn't have been nicer.

We are now loyal Ideal customers. Their order policy was much more flexible, they sexed my Buttercups, shipped Polish with standard chicks, FAST SHIPPING, etc., and I would reccomend them to anyone, especially in the Seattle/Tacoma area.

I give IDEAL a solid "A+"!
thumbsup.gif
You rock, ideal!

Thanks so much for your post. I'm just getting ready to have my very first flock and, also living in Washington, I wanted someplace fairly close to order from - this is a big relief - thanks again

I googled Ideal and found the hatchery out of Texas. Is this the same Ideal? We are an hour from Portland, OR and I am nervous about ordering mail order chickens because of the transit time. Haven't found any Northwest hatcheries.

There are hatcheries in Oregon.

Jenkins Hatchery and Far West are two that I know of. There are a couple in California too.

The local feed store here in Medford orders their stock from Ideal. Nice looking chicks and I have watched them come out of the box and they all look strong and healthy for having made such a long trip. I will probably buy some to supplement my flock after the eggs in the incubator hatch out.

Just got our second delivery of chicks from Ideal. Great birds, great experience. The birds we got last Sept. started laying at 19 weeks. You can order small quantities from them, but they WILL add males for warmth during shipping. I ordered 12 pullets and they added 9 roos this time. We get them next day with priority mail, but we are closer to them.
Ideal supplies chicks to Tractor Supply and other feed stores. Their delivery came in at the post office last week the same day as mine. What a noisy racket!
We have ordered and used Gro-gel with both orders and it seems to help them get off to a good start.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom