Ideal Hatchery review

Pete fernBonnie

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 3, 2012
I have just recently ordered from ideal hatchery and they are coming in a few days. I ordered 4 blue polish and 6 assorted silkies. Has anyone ordered any of these breeds? I want to see pictures of them! I am really excited but nervous that they will be low quality. I have been looking around all morning,
caf.gif
and there have been a lot of bad reviews but those reviews were from 5 years and they could have changed by then!

Hi,

I get Ideal chicks all the time as live only about 100 miles away and the local feed store carries them as well. I cannot speak to the quality as far as breed standard, but I have always gotten healthy chicks with very few losses. Their customer service has always been good as well. I have rocks, wyandottes and RIR all from there. Good Luck with your new babies.

Alice

I've ordered from Ideal Hatchery a number of times and have always been happy with their service and birds. I ordered Black Silkies and Golden Polish from them about 20 years ago and they were good birds, but I no longer raise either breed so unfortunately, I can't take any pics to show you. Good luck with your order.

Thanks both of you and also i have heard about people getting their order and all of them be dead, i am concerned because i live in North Carolina and they are stationed in Cameron, Texas. Anyway i will post pictures when they arrive

Thanks both of you and also i have heard about people getting their order and all of them be dead, i am concerned because i live in North Carolina and they are stationed in Cameron, Texas. Anyway i will post pictures when they arrive

I was living on the big island of Hawaii when I ordered the Silkies and Polish, and the chicks arrived safely, so I don't think NC will be any problem.

I just got 25 assorted Silkies from Ideal last week and all arrived alive. I live in VA.I think they have more colors than other hatcheries. I also got 4 in my feather legged bantam assortment.

I just got 25 assorted Silkies from Ideal last week and all arrived alive. I live in VA.I think they have more colors than other hatcheries. I also got 4 in my feather legged bantam assortment.
What breeds do you think you've gotten? I signed on to wait list for feather legs and dark brown egg layers

The birds in the photo are all Silkies. The feather legged assortment will be 5 weeks old tomorrow. Most of them are Cochins in various colors + 1 buff Brahma, 1 Porcelain & 1 brown red d'uccle and a possible white and the 4 Silkies.

Last edited:
How cute
D.gif
! How many different colors did you get? I only got 6 hoping for at least 3 different colors! Right now i am waiting for the email that says my chicks have been shipped!! I am so excited! I have never got shipped chicks before, is there anything i need to do when they arrive?
wee.gif

Thanks!

Look at what i just got! WOO!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
(i took my address off)
Just a Reminder!

Ship Date:​
7/30/2014

Ship To:​

Your poultry order has been shipped today. You should expect delivery within 72 hours. If you have any problems, please report them within 4 days of arrival. We appreciate your business and are looking forward to providing you with "Ideal Poultry".
Ideal Poultry Breeding Farms Inc.
PO Box 591
Cameron, TX 76520

Back
Top Bottom