Ideal Hatchery review

Pete fernBonnie

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 3, 2012
I have just recently ordered from ideal hatchery and they are coming in a few days. I ordered 4 blue polish and 6 assorted silkies. Has anyone ordered any of these breeds? I want to see pictures of them! I am really excited but nervous that they will be low quality. I have been looking around all morning,
caf.gif
and there have been a lot of bad reviews but those reviews were from 5 years and they could have changed by then!

Ive had good and bad experience with ideal.. I ordered silkies and polish. The silkies were great but about a month later i noticed my polish was having trouble eating and walking and now being almost 8 months old, she cant eat (she has scissor beak) or walk. I dont mean to put a damper on things haha im sure yours will be wonderful and healthy, i just received a bad batch.

I finally got them! ALL are alive and well i will definatley be ordering from them again! I am trying to figure out how to post pics

I just want to post and say that I am really happy with Ideal Hatchery.
I ordered my chicks on Monday june 27 And they were shipped the next day, which was really surprising as usually you have to wait a couple of weeks with some hatcheries, Im guessing they were just hatching a lot of chicks this week.
Anyways, I ordered 25 Easter Egger pullets, 2 Ideal 236 and 1 Easter Egger Rooster. I got my shipment Today June 30, was kind of worried as it's been quite hot lately and was worried that the chicks might suffocate on route in the post office truck. But when I went to pick them up this morning I opened the box and they were all alive. I quickly gave them some electrolytes a some chick starter.
They are doing great so far.
I do have to say though I was surprised at how a lot of the EE's look, there is quite a few with a small beard or almost no beard, which is a bummer since I love birds with beards, but I guess that's to be expected since they are not Ameraucanas but a mix of them. I did ordered some Easter Egger chicks from Cackle Hatchery a few years back and those chicks had a big beard all of them so if you are looking for EE's with big beards maybe try Cackle instead.
They do all seem to have a pea comb though so that is good, hopefully most of them will lay green shaded eggs.
And also I was hoping they would put in some packing peanuts haha, was expecting a few roosters so that I could raise and eat. But no packing peanuts, I ordered 28 and I got 28 live chicks so that's all that matters at the end.
So all in all I had a good experience with Ideal, I would recommend them, prices are pretty good and shipping charges are also cheaper the other hatcheries.

I've looked at their site and found their shipping costs a little confusing. I know I would pay the small order charge, but I was wondering what it actually cost to have the chicks shipped. Would you mind sharing? Thanks.

I ended up ordering from MPC, and so glad I did. Even though I could have driven to Ideal and picked them up, I have had such great customer service from my pet chicken on previous orders of other things, and they had a better variety than Ideal.
So I ordered, and they shipped out Monday and they all arrived alive and healthy on Tuesday morning.
I was so thankful!!
I am the type that would continue to try to revive a baby chick even though all hope is lost! I know that about myself, and wanted to go with the company that has the best reviews on live arrival.

Hi,

I get Ideal chicks all the time as live only about 100 miles away and the local feed store carries them as well. I cannot speak to the quality as far as breed standard, but I have always gotten healthy chicks with very few losses. Their customer service has always been good as well. I have rocks, wyandottes and RIR all from there. Good Luck with your new babies.

Alice

I've ordered from Ideal Hatchery a number of times and have always been happy with their service and birds. I ordered Black Silkies and Golden Polish from them about 20 years ago and they were good birds, but I no longer raise either breed so unfortunately, I can't take any pics to show you. Good luck with your order.

Thanks both of you and also i have heard about people getting their order and all of them be dead, i am concerned because i live in North Carolina and they are stationed in Cameron, Texas. Anyway i will post pictures when they arrive

Thanks both of you and also i have heard about people getting their order and all of them be dead, i am concerned because i live in North Carolina and they are stationed in Cameron, Texas. Anyway i will post pictures when they arrive

I was living on the big island of Hawaii when I ordered the Silkies and Polish, and the chicks arrived safely, so I don't think NC will be any problem.

Back
Top Bottom