Ideal Poultry Bantam Assortment- picture heavy

OH PLEASE enjoy them as chicks. They are only a few days old, and when they are fully feathered out the colors will probably not be any where the same. Try posting new photos when they are 8 weeks old.

So many chicks start out the same color etc.

I like to tell folks if they want to know what gender at birth - get a puppy.
Why do you have answer to some threads with such tone?

Updates are looking good :). I would definitely keep an eye on the two black Cochins but so far it is a little to young to say for sure. I'm glad to hear all chicks are safe after the flooding incident!

'Ugly', my black Sumatra, has decided to become a lap chicken. At least I have one sweet girl in the mix, fingers crossed at least. She's the only one with 0 comb development at almost 3.5 weeks old.

IMG_0248.JPG IMG_0249.JPG
And look at all those little red combs... at least they are cute when they all nap. :rolleyes:

Well that's too bad but at least you got 3 hens, that white one behind the porcelain d'Uccle looks like a hen, is it the white d'Uccle?
It's on my debate list for gender and breed. My gut says roo, heart says hen. Size says d'Uccle and 5 toes says really bad Sultan or a cross of the two. I really really hope it chooses girl, because it's my favorite and friendliest bird right now.

IMG_0332.JPG

Looks like a girl to me and since white d'Uccles are rare I think the extra toes come from inbreeding. Yay you have 4 hens now- was it difficult to find homes for the roos?
Oh yay!!!! That's such a relief. Well, if that makes four, then I still have 8 more boys to put on Craigslist. That's the only way I've been able to rehome any of them.

Though I'm considering keep a lone roo to make some babies next year, but he has to be quiet. I'm hoping one of my btw japs will do the trick and not make much fuss if he has no competition. Plus, how loud could a one pound bird really be? Lol. That or my beautiful gold lace Cochin, but that bird feels more like a gamble where my japs are like tiny waddling puppies.

IMG_0691.JPG

Back
Top Bottom